M&P Cupcake Frosting...Whipping

Oceangazer1

There is someone here who uses a frosting bag but I don't remember who. I know they left pictures in the gallery you may want to check out. The frosting looks real and is very pretty. Its the best method I have seen out of all the frosting pics for soap. You could check with them how they do it.

I melt the soap and pour it into my mixer bowl and whip. It becomes very sponge-like and triples in size easily. It is a relatively easy process. When it's completely whipped I place in a frosting bag and pipe onto the cupcakes. Good luck!

Thanks Marsbars! I couldn't remember who did the beautiful frosted soaps using the frosting bag.

Just one question, how do you get all the soap base out of the frosting bag? do you just go ahead and squeeze it all out while its still soft and warm? and do you wash the inside of the bag out to get out all the soap residue? I just picture hardened soap on the inside of the bag would be hard to get out or to even reuse the bag.

.....or you could just get a mold of a frosted top. I've got some and love 'em to bits!! I use the Wilton silicone cupcake liners for the bottoms, and the silicone cupcake frosting mold for the top portion, then stick the two finished pieces together with a bit of melted soap. Easy peasy! :)

• 2 months later...
I melt the soap and pour it into my mixer bowl and whip. It becomes very sponge-like and triples in size easily. It is a relatively easy process. When it's completely whipped I place in a frosting bag and pipe onto the cupcakes. Good luck!

Wow!! Is this ever easier said than done. I just tried it and did exactly what you said and omgoodness. I made m&p poop cupcakes. It was either too runny or it seized on me and couldn't get it out of the tip. Tried several times...forget it...LOL I just can't keep it in the bad the right consistency.

Thanks Marsbars! I couldn't remember who did the beautiful frosted soaps using the frosting bag.

Just one question, how do you get all the soap base out of the frosting bag? do you just go ahead and squeeze it all out while its still soft and warm? and do you wash the inside of the bag out to get out all the soap residue? I just picture hardened soap on the inside of the bag would be hard to get out or to even reuse the bag.

I just sat it in my sink in hot water to soak and wash...both bag and tip are perfect.

@Candybee - sorry with the late reply! Yes I just wash with hotwater to get the soap out. I turn the bag inside out and then wash off.

I'm not sure why you're getting a runny mess. I make these cupcakes on regular basis and by the time it is done whipping it should be a sponge-like consistency. It's very gummy but not runny. :( Sorry you're having problems.

@Candybee - sorry with the late reply! Yes I just wash with hotwater to get the soap out. I turn the bag inside out and then wash off.

I'm not sure why you're getting a runny mess. I make these cupcakes on regular basis and by the time it is done whipping it should be a sponge-like consistency. It's very gummy but not runny. :( Sorry you're having problems.

Yep...it was sponge-like when I put it in the bag and tried to pipe, it wouldnt come out...it's a large tip too. Then I put it in a microwave for a few seconds and either it was too runny or to the point of I couldn't get it to come out. Tried at all stages of set up. I don't have the knack for it. lol

I'm going to make some M&P Poop too! Thanks Ocean I needed a giggle!!!!!

Wow!! Is this ever easier said than done. I just tried it and did exactly what you said and omgoodness. I made m&p poop cupcakes. It was either too runny or it seized on me and couldn't get it out of the tip. Tried several times...forget it...LOL I just can't keep it in the bad the right consistency.