Finally!!!!

I have finally found the forum I am looking for. Just a quick intro , my name is Darrell and of course I am here to talk candles and broaden my knowledge. I'm tired of working everyday for someone else and thought to myself, What do people Love and the obvious answer was candles. Hell , if everybody's wife buys em like mine then I should have no problem selling candles and making a few bucks doing it.

Welp, as you all know it's a lot more work than just pouring some wax in a candle and selling it :cheesy2: . I have been researching this for approx. 4 mos and decided umma give it a try . I have yet to make my first candle :cheesy2: Baby steps i'm thinking. I have decided on using the IGI 4627 Blend based on what I have read for getting the best cold/hot throw. As far as adding any additives i'm not sure I have to but we will see.

If you folks would allow me I would like to take you on my little journey and inform you of my progress from start to finish or start to fail because I sure as hell don't know how it's gonna go .

Either way I hope to meet some nice folks and get a little advise a long the way .

BTW , my first shipment of FO's should be here next week and I plan on my wax at the end of this week .

Hi! I'm new here as well, and I know what you mean by that "Finally"! Took forever to find a forum with ppl who actually post, hehe.

I'm going about the candlemaking thing the opposite way I think. Bought a kit, found some more supplies, and experimenting as I go. Think the best thing Ive done so far is buy a Presto Pot. It beats using my stove and my pots. I don't have a spigot hooked up or anything, I don't think I need one.

Well, welcome! ^_^

I love 4627 too...only wax I use for paraffin containers. LOVE it. What wicks are you going to use? I use HTP with it. What jar do you plan to start with? I started with 8oz square masons. Love them :) Welcome to the forum Darrell.

I love 4627 too...only wax I use for paraffin containers. LOVE it. What wicks are you going to use? I use HTP with it. What jar do you plan to start with? I started with 8oz square masons. Love them :) Welcome to the forum Darrell.

Debbie, thanks for the welcome :) The jars that I plan to start with are 4oz jelly jars 2.5 diamater 2.25 inches tall, the info that I could find suggests the following wicks. ECO 1 or HTP 41 . The thing that is blowing my mind is I am reading that different scents affect differnt wicks.... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

A whole week between FO's & Wax :shocked2: - that's gonna be painful...lol

Welcome

Ya know I am thinking the same thing, but hey, I got nothing but time :) still gotta do a lil more organizing in the garage anyway ...

Candlemaking is a lot of fun. So I think you will enjoy. BTW-- you picked a pretty popular jar type to start out with. My best selling jars by far were jelly jars in both 4oz and 8oz. So you have a good start.

I figured they are somewhat affordable to buy and make for me to give away to folks for testing . But like I said the whole scent thing has me confused.

Yeah, different scents will sometimes require different wicking. for that 4oz jj...I would pour a few testers...all the same scent and start with a htp 52 htp 62 and htp 73. Burn them and see what burns and smells the best. I have found, and I'm no pro, that 4627 needs a bigger wick to start with than what is usually recommended on the wick guides.

Ya know I am thinking the same thing, but hey, I got nothing but time :) still gotta do a lil more organizing in the garage anyway ...

Yeah well trust me, that patience won't last for long. Once you pour your 1st candle, the garage will be the last thing from your mind....:grin2: