Presto question

Brat

I noticed in another thread how some of you melt the wax in the presto then mix the scent and color in a pour pot. I'm wondering how much the wax cools during the transfer and before you pour? Does it matter? Thanks for any info!

Soon as I pour the wax into the pour pot, it goes into a pan of hot water, insert thermometer and then mix the colors & FO. When temp is where I want it, then I pour. The wax never gets cold.

If I'm doing a rustic, once color & FO are adjusted, I set it off the heat to cool down to the desired pouring temp. The pan of hot water also serves to reheat the wax for the top-off pour.

I'm a little different "so they say". I heat 10 degrees hotter in the presto, heat my pour pot with the heat gun, mix the stuff and then I'm about smack on for pour temps. THEN.......I do a very bad thing, "I heat my repour in the mic." sssssshhhhh, don't tell.

I pour into my pour pot, add dye chip, FO and stir.....pour right away...all within 30 seconds so it doesn't have much time to cool much at all. I dont heat my pour pot at all. I heat from presto to about 175. What a great idea these presto pots have been! How did I survive all this time without them???:confused:

Connie