First Votives

I don't know if this is where I should post this but I wanted to show off my first attempt at creating Votives. And my first attempt with Soy Wax. I think they turned out really nice AND has clinched my decision to use Soy Wax instead of Paraffin.

post-13510-139458482047_thumb.jpg

I did a second attempt today with 20% beeswax to my soy wax. This is the results. The cooling time was half that of the 100% soy wax recipe. I think it has a little too much beeswax though because the candle comes out a little sticky.

post-13510-13945848213_thumb.jpg

VERY pretty!! I must add my name to those who are envying your perfect, smoooth tops. Good job! :yay:

Can hardly wait to see more. Did you use EcoSoya PB for the white ones? Did you color the ones with beeswax or did the color of the beeswax make the butterscotch color?

VERY pretty!! I must add my name to those who are envying your perfect, smoooth tops. Good job! :yay:

Can hardly wait to see more. Did you use EcoSoya PB for the white ones? Did you color the ones with beeswax or did the color of the beeswax make the butterscotch color?

Thanks for all the compliments guys, really makes me feel good! Especially since I'm brand new to candle making. I have to thank my votive molds for the little lip it gives my votive tops, plus I've learnt (from tons of reading) that if I pour the wax for the second pour about 5-10 degrees hotter then the first pour, it adheres and makes a beautiful finish.

And Stella the wax I used was Uni-Soy from candlemaking.com.au and I didn't colour the beeswax ones the small amount of beeswax I used gave it that delicious colour. I was very proud of that candle. Once I have more money I'll be purchasing more beeswax so I can make more of them. It even has a slight scent of honey :)

they were only $1 a piece
Holy High Container Costs, Batman! :shocked2:

If you can get that price down somewhat, you are on your way to a marketable product. I don't know where you are located, but buying by the case can get that cost down to a reasonable level, especially if you can pick up locally. Some restaurant suppliers carry Libby candle glassware, so don't overlook them as a source even if there isn't a candle supplier in your area. Good luck! :smiley2: