Coconut suntan lotion?

ksranch

I have a customer asking for candles that smell like Coconut Suntan Lotion? (says it would remind her of vacations) Any ideas on what to add to Coconut for this? She's tried straight coconut and swears something is missing....any thoughts?

When I first started, that was one scent my husband wanted me to make. I bought several oils to try to find the one he liked and it ended up being Coppertone from Just Scent. I made a batch well over a year ago and it STILL smells awesome and strong. The dark tanning oil that Barbara mentions sounds nice...maybe have to try that myself. I also think Sun and Sand (yankee dupe)...I get mine from Wholesale Supplies Plus.. smells like suntan lotion.

I second the Coppertone dupe from Just Scents. It is very, very strong. I have to double wrap the tarts so the Coppertone doesn't mingle with the other tarts during shipping and corrupt the other scents. If you are a Nature's Garden Customer, the Copper Hue Suntan Lotion is also a Coppertone dupe and good. I've heard great things about Taylored's Dark Tanning Oil but have not tried it.

I don't know what the other magic oil scents are that you could add to coconut to give it a beachy vacaction smell.

I also have the Hawaiian Suntan Lotion type from Aztec. Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion is lighter and fruitier than Coppertone. It's good if she is a Hawaiian Tropic fan/user vs Coppertone fan/user.

I have a customer asking for candles that smell like Coconut Suntan Lotion? (says it would remind her of vacations) Any ideas on what to add to Coconut for this? She's tried straight coconut and swears something is missing....any thoughts?

I haven't tried this fo but the description sounds dead on, it's from BCN.

Tranquil Tropics Type BNL

Relax under a tropical palm tree and soothe your senses with the sweet inviting aroma of fresh coconut and sensual vanilla. Note that this is not a true coconut fragrance, but definitely like a suntan oil. Compare to Hawaiian Tropics.

I have the Tranquil Tropics Type from Bitter Creek North/Bubbles n Lights. I have not tried it in wax but OOB, the Aztec Hawaiian Tropic dupe is stronger. Neither is super strong as compared to the Coppertone but of the two, Aztec is stronger and I think a bit more accurate to the real Hawaiian Tropics tanning lotion. You could always add more coconut!

I haven't tried this fo but the description sounds dead on, it's from BCN.

Tranquil Tropics Type BNL

Relax under a tropical palm tree and soothe your senses with the sweet inviting aroma of fresh coconut and sensual vanilla. Note that this is not a true coconut fragrance, but definitely like a suntan oil. Compare to Hawaiian Tropics.