July 4 scent

EricofAZ

I want to make a handful of 4th of July candles for a few friends and am wondering about a scent.

Status jar, red on the bottom, white in the middle, blue on top.

What scents would be "American" and summer and independence day and all the patriotic inspiration that surrounds the occasion?

I was thinking clean cotton or cool water. I guess I could go with sage or sage/lavender or rain. I'm thinking a clean smell. Maybe something unexpected like fresh baked bread or apple pie?

Edited by EricofAZ

Eric,

I am doing a similar project, but with three different jars for a fundraiser for a MI soldier who was hurt in Afghanistan. Here's what I've got so far:

Red: All American Apple Pie

White: Fresh Laundry...a military friend suggested I name it Clean Civies

Blue: Blueberry Muffin scent, but I need to rename it...maybe Mom's BBM...

I never thought of watermelon, because I don't carry it anymore. I'll be watching this post...oh and I just lit your candle...my bp is sky high today, and I'm hoping sleeping in the same room with it helps so I don't have to take the meds. Full report later on that thread.

I have to agree with Candybee and Carol. I used to make them and always used apple pie/vanilla/blueberry. One year I did try sugar cookie and it smelled pretty good too.

I wouldn't mix a clean scent with bakery.

Whatever happened to red as cherry?

I've been thinking on this but I just want an All-American scent and not a July 4 scent.

Since you're going for July 4 though:

Red: Black Cherry

White: Coconut Cream

Blue: (Everyone picks blueberry so...) Blue Sugar.

Only problem is a strong black cherry will knock out all of the scents.

But another blue could be Blue Raspberry.

I think the three classic American pies, blueberry (blue), cherry (red), apple (white) pies.

Or with the God Bless America theme (the song)..... from the mountains (something mountain), to the prairies (wild flowers? grass?), to the oceans white with foam (salty ocean air scent)

I was going to suggest the pie idea also

blue-blue or blackberry

white- vanilla for vanilla ice cream

red strawberry rhubarb

to the prairies (wild flowers? grass?)

there is a blue bonnet FO that would be good for prairie

Tons of great ideas.

Scented, you have a great idea of blueberry, coconut and cherry. Red will be at the bottom so I doubt it will knock out the others until it burns down a bit. Apple in the white zone also sounds good.

I wonder how the pies will mix, probably OK.

Sounds like foods rather than clean or water or forest are the best ideas.

Ok, so here's what I have on hand, what mix do all y'all (that's plural for y'all) think would be good?

For the Blue, I have blueberry muffin and several ocean scents like cool water, sea mist, etc.

For the white I have peach, coconut, vanilla, gingersnap, peppermint, candy cane. Not sure about coconut. Maybe pina colada?

For red I have strawberry, wild watermelon, , sunripe raspberry, chocolate raspberry, or blackberry brulee.

I'd have to order cherry if that is the best idea.

Then again, I could use the same scent for all colors. Pina Colada, sex on the beach, fresh cut grass, etc.

I looked up the colors of our flag, no agreement on the flag, but a designation for the colors of the seal of the United States:

Blue for Vigilance, Perseverance, Justice

White for Purity and innocence

Red for Hardiness and Valor

so that negates pina colada.

Edited by EricofAZ

If you want to use what you already have on hand I'd go with:

Red:strawberry, raspberry, or the blackberry brulee

White: coconut

Blue: blueberry muffin

At least these will smell nice together as each layer burns down and the transition from one scent to the next will smell awesome with the coconut. Coconut blends so nicely with lots of scents. I think they would actually make a nice layered candle.

Get different blue scents lol. I'm not a fan of blueberry muffin. I guess I'm just tired of it .... but

Red: Raspberry and strawberry combo (more raspberry though)

white: vanilla with a splash of coconut and a hint of peach

Blue: A mix of of the blackberry brulee with a heavier dose of coconut and call it something else.

Pina Coladas can come in virgin form. I wouldn't negate the fragrance from your choices for white.

Or with the God Bless America theme (the song)..... from the mountains (something mountain), to the prairies (wild flowers? grass?), to the oceans white with foam (salty ocean air scent)

I LOVE this idea--I have Mountain Lakes, Tall Grass, and Ocean Breeze; think I'll try this one!

Tons of great ideas.

Scented, you have a great idea of blueberry, coconut and cherry. Red will be at the bottom so I doubt it will knock out the others until it burns down a bit. Apple in the white zone also sounds good.

Even cold throw on a really strong black cherry (though) is hard to suffocate with other scents.

I don't think a regular cherry would be any kind of problem.