A new Spammer?

SaraScribbles

Hello all,

Just wanted to give a heads up about an e-mail I got earlier....

"Please send me a free catalog and possibly samples at:

Bobbie Bonte

68 Ronald Drive

Montreal, Quebec

Canada H4X 1M8

Thanks! Bobbie"

Not sure if this one's hit others off this board yet, but I've tracked him/her back through 2002.

Have a wonderful evening!

Sara

Here's one I got too. Not sure about this one and if she/he has sent to others. But it's another heads up. :wink2:

DO YOU HAVE FREE SAMPLES I CAN TRY, BODY AN FACE ARE DRY,REDNESS ON FACE, ACNE, MATURE SKIN,BODY IS DRY,ROUGH ,ITCHY ON HANDS,LEGS AND BOTTOMS OF FEET, LOVE TO TRY ANY THING IN ANY SCENT, THNAK YOU, SUE KAYS 166 KLEBER AV. AUSTINTOWN,OH.44515

You know, you would think if these people have the time to write these stupid emails requesting samples, that they would at least go through the efforts of TRYING to make it seem professional!!! I mean, all caps, come on!!! I wouldn't want to give that person anything even if they were legit for fear that they're so stupid they'd eat it! And if they're mass mailing it-spell check is your friend- they should use it!!!!! Ugghhhh...so many people trying to take advantage of hard working people...just disgusts me!

I recieved the one SaraS posted; around three or four weeks ago. I replied explaining to him/her we only acknowledge free samples with a purchase...have not heard from him/her since. Go figure.

Why are people always creepin'?:tiptoe:

Shani:)

LOL. I got the one from Bobbie before too. I have a scripted reply to any email requesting samples:

While we do occasionally have promotional sample give-aways, it is cost-prohibitive to ship free samples to everyone who makes a request. We recommend that you subscribe to our e-mail Newsletter. One lucky member will win a free 6 oz. soy tin candle every month.

The thing I don't understand, is why people subscribe to my e-mail Newsletter with a bogus e-mail. How are they going to win a free candle, if I can't contact them that they've won?:laugh2: