Does this sound about right

Hi all,

I have all my products in a new store that opened up in town. So far I have averaged making about $500.00 a month. Summer hasnt hit yet and we are a little bit of a touristy town, so I expect it to be a good summer.

My question. I am being charged $50.00 rent a month and 5% commission. Does this sound like the going rate to you all??

TIA

With that volume it sound pretty good. The places around here that charge by the square foot usually charge $1 per square foot and then a 3-5% admin fee on sales. I have not taken that plunge yet, just don't think my volume would support it. Have been thinking about zipping down to various beaches where I know people and putting some items in, but just not sure about it at the moment. The straight up consignment stores I am in charge a straight 30% of sales, no rent. I can deal with that because if it is a slow month, I am not throwing away money on a space that is not supporting itself.

Cheers,

Steve

I am in a pretty economically stagnant area in puzzled Michigan, and I can't charge what many candlemakers with similar products in metro areas can charge, but I would gladly accept those terms and profits! Great to hear of a fellow candlemaker doing well. Good for you, and best wishes.

My consignment accounts are:

$30/mo. + 10%

35%

25% + 2.5% creditcard sales

My sales are not consistent. My biggest account can range from $100 - $800 sales/mo. higher being Nov & Dec.

My monthly rent account I end up paying something half the time. Need to have a talk with her. i am thinking of pulling out.

Edited by NaturallyTru

• 2 weeks later...