Thinking of going out of Business

Good Morning everyone!

This has been pondering my mind for awhile now.

After 7 yrs of candle making, I am thinking of closing my site and selling everything.

Its hard to compete with bigger companies and with prices on the rise, I feel its best.

Guess I just need some reassurance that I am doing the right thing.

I checked out your site as well. You have alot of great pretty products. Around here we don't have much of the grubby prim type items. Do you have much competition in your area as far as the style you do? I would think if you were unique (meaning you were the only one in your area doing this style) that you would do very well. Honestly though only you knows whats best for you and your situation. Sit down and make a list of pros and cons and really think about each one. That may help you in your decision to actually see on paper and have it all out in front of you. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yes there are others in my area. And it seems no one is buying grubby prim items much anymore.

And with shipping prices on the rise, along with hosting, domains, etc. I am not any farther ahead.

I hate to raise my prices. On facebook there are ALOT of candle companies also.

The answer to your question probably lies in the reasons you are wanting to close your business. I, myself, closed my candle business last year due to a lack of help. Although I really miss making certain aspects of the business, I don't regret my decision. My stress level has gone way down. I did not sell my supplies in case I decide, at some point, to start up again and that may be something you might think about. Good luck.

Have you ever thought of trying to cut some costs? Like canceling your domain and getting a facebook account? I know a lot of people are going that route. Also cut down what products you offer. Keep only your best selling items. And possible reach out to your customers (or potential customers) and ask them what products would they prefer you to carry. Don't go out without a fight!

The reasons you started would have a lot to do with the reasons for ending it.

I started my business just to be legit (fund raisers for schools, wholesale, etc.) and make enough to buy more supplies. It was never going to replace my job. And I didn't want it to get big enough to be "work". I enjoy doing craft shows and talking to people about my products. I like experimenting and creating new things. When I was unemployed the business threatened my unemployment so I went with the sure thing and closed the business. I still create, I still have a few loyal customers and I still do a craft show here and there. It's still fun, it's just not a registered business anymore.