Accepting Credit Cards

Anyone looking for a way to charge credit cards? I've been checking into being able to accept credit cards at shows and the monthly fees, usage fees, and percentages looks like they would take a lot of your hard earned $$. Then I found Square - no fees and only a small % off all charges. I used it as an excuse to get a new smart phone :cheesy2:.

I used it at the show this past weekend and it worked great. Unfortunately I only had 2 charges.

Just re-read this and it sounds like a commercial :shocked2:. Really, I'm not affiliated with them or anything, just thought I'd pass some info for anyone interested.

What's everyone else using?

I hear that Square is pretty good but wasn't there a long waiting list for the card swipper thingy?

Were currently looking into this and also ProPay. Both seem like a great deal, guess it just depends on if you have that smart phone or not =)

I believe they were having a problem keeping up with customers late last year. I ordered mine early March and received it within 2 weeks. The phones are limited - mostly iPhones and Droids. I upgraded to the Droid 2. Way too much $$ with the carrier but found it online for 80.00 (with a 2 year contract of course).

I looked at Propay but don't they charge you monthly? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, it's been 2 months and I looked at several. If you use it a lot, like a retail store, I think some of the others were better. I only need it for when I do events.

I use the Way System. It is a little telephone and mini printer. Love it!! Got it on sale for $199.00 about a year ago, so shop around for the best deal.. Here is a link to the main site... http://www.verifone.com/wireless/way5000.aspx

I have in the past supported Thompson Merchant as my merchant provider, but switched from using him awhile back because of poor customer service and MANY errors on statements, faulty equipment, and lack of customer support. It was a nightmare to cancel my account too!! OMG!!

Joe Thompson is the owner and as his business grew, he customer service got worse!!!

He NEVER returns phone calls and it takes days for him to even get back to you via email!

Do yourself a favor and DON'T USE THOMPSON MERCHANT for you CC processing!!!

Edited by islandgirl

I looked at Propay but don't they charge you monthly? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, it's been 2 months and I looked at several. If you use it a lot, like a retail store, I think some of the others were better. I only need it for when I do events.

If I remember correctly we were looking betweet PayPal's Virtual Terminal vs. ProPay. Paypal is a per month fee and ProPay was a yearly fee but was only like $39.95 + a small % of the total. With them you can run CC's over the internet if you have a laptop OR they give you a 800# you can call them in with too =) I want to say they have the swiper thingy too that will store so many transactions in case you don't have internet at a show or what have you =)

For us right now, we are in a local market each weekend and having CC processing would be great! But for the time being we tell our customers if they spend over $20 they can use the ATM and we deduct the $3 fee for the ATM =) People seem to love it when we offer that =)

And guess we WON'T be using Thompson's either =)

If I remember correctly we were looking betweet PayPal's Virtual Terminal vs. ProPay. Paypal is a per month fee and ProPay was a yearly fee but was only like $39.95 + a small % of the total. With them you can run CC's over the internet if you have a laptop OR they give you a 800# you can call them in with too =) I want to say they have the swiper thingy too that will store so many transactions in case you don't have internet at a show or what have you =)

For us right now, we are in a local market each weekend and having CC processing would be great! But for the time being we tell our customers if they spend over $20 they can use the ATM and we deduct the $3 fee for the ATM =) People seem to love it when we offer that =)

And guess we WON'T be using Thompson's either =)

Propay is coming out with their equivalent to Square this month. Difference is theirs is encrypted at point of swipe, which Square isn't. It's supposed to be more secure. I don't know because I don't sell at shows...only the internet, so I don't need it. There is a charge. There's a number on their site you could call and get the info. You do have to buy the device, I think.

I signed up for Intuit's Go Payment and got a free swiper thing. I haven't used it yet but I will be at the end of the month. It works with my Blackberry. You may have to upgrade your Blackberry for it to work. HTH.

Chauna

I have had my Square account for a few months now, and really like the company. The funds are deposited in 1 to 3 business days. I have swiped at shows and taken Internet and phone orders. Square is pretty easy to use and my customers have had no complaints. I use a Apple I-4 though. Never have any issues at all! Highly recommend!

Paul

Hey guys, I am a credit card service merchant rep, and any questions i will be happy to help you with. I have a 100% customer satisfaction rate to this day and can prove it with submitting any referalls you may request.

Using square/propay, your not aware of the fact of these 'free services' are charging you percentage rates as high as 4-6% of your intake of money. Theres no such thing as 'free' when it comes to processing, some company's say 'free equipment' but then you find yourself high rates and lengthy contracts. Sometimes you just have to spend money to actually save money. Your best and smartest solution, do your research, simply google any company you are looking at, and i'll example a popular company. Punch into google, 'crescent processing complaints' and you'll see a world of complaints about the company. Now try my company, 'financial transaction services, LLC' and try to find a complaint....... my point is, the service provider is also linked to the marketing rep selling it, when 1 or both become dishonest, it creates a very large and unhappy customer base. I've been with this company for just over a year now. And all i get are calls of happy clients.

Here's some features i offer which may spark your interest

No contract (NO CANCELLATION FEE GUARANTEED!!!!) this is my commitment to you, that i will NEVER take advantage of your business

No sign on fee

Rates are extremely competitive and vary based on volume

Purchase a wireless terminal for as low as $250

Wired terminals are also $250

Monthly is $5 for wired, and $20 for wireless

Next day deposits (you swipe and batch today, your money is there tomorrow)

No leases on equipment (leases run for about typically $30-$50 a month for 4 years non cancellable, at $30 a month your talking $1440 for a machine i sell for as low as $250)

I can reprogram existing equipment, and will be happy to do so. Any out of towners i can take care of over the phone/fax/email.

Never deal with a coorporate company again, i will take care of that part for you with any issues

email avitim@hotmail.com

I'll watch this thread closely and help you with any concearns or questions you may have

thanks everybody

1 other thing guys/gals, if your taking credit cards, and your not taking signatures on a printed receipt. You are putting yourself at risk. All the customer has to do when they don't sign, is call their credit card company, and say 'i didn't make that purchase' and your instantly out that money with nothing to fall back on. Just fair warning is all im saying.

Hey guys, I am a credit card service merchant rep, and any questions i will be happy to help you with. I have a 100% customer satisfaction rate to this day and can prove it with submitting any referalls you may request.

Using square/propay, your not aware of the fact of these 'free services' are charging you percentage rates as high as 4-6% of your intake of money. Theres no such thing as 'free' when it comes to processing, some company's say 'free equipment' but then you find yourself high rates and lengthy contracts. Sometimes you just have to spend money to actually save money. Your best and smartest solution, do your research, simply google any company you are looking at, and i'll example a popular company. Punch into google, 'crescent processing complaints' and you'll see a world of complaints about the company. Now try my company, 'financial transaction services, LLC' and try to find a complaint....... my point is, the service provider is also linked to the marketing rep selling it, when 1 or both become dishonest, it creates a very large and unhappy customer base. I've been with this company for just over a year now. And all i get are calls of happy clients.

Here's some features i offer which may spark your interest

No contract (NO CANCELLATION FEE GUARANTEED!!!!) this is my commitment to you, that i will NEVER take advantage of your business

No sign on fee

Rates are extremely competitive and vary based on volume

Purchase a wireless terminal for as low as $250

Wired terminals are also $250

Monthly is $5 for wired, and $20 for wireless

Next day deposits (you swipe and batch today, your money is there tomorrow)

No leases on equipment (leases run for about typically $30-$50 a month for 4 years non cancellable, at $30 a month your talking $1440 for a machine i sell for as low as $250)

I can reprogram existing equipment, and will be happy to do so. Any out of towners i can take care of over the phone/fax/email.

Never deal with a coorporate company again, i will take care of that part for you with any issues

email avitim@hotmail.com

I'll watch this thread closely and help you with any concearns or questions you may have

thanks everybody

Well I did take the time to research this company and while Tim is correct here, there are no bad reviews....when googling his company I only found ONE (1) good review and no more info.... So all I can say is do your research!

While Square offers a FREE card reader now for your smart phones and swiped cards are only 2.75% and I think there is a .35 per transaction fee too, I have heard way more positive things about Square then financial transaction services, LLC.

Just do your research guys =) xoxo

my rates are

$.20 per swipe

1.35% for debit

1.69% credit

unless your doing higher volumes (typically more than $2000 in a month) then the square program is a good way to go.

at least there was nothing bad on my company :), not bad seeing that we have over 30,000 accounts