Tent for Craft Show

I've been accepted for a craft show at the end of July and I'm going to need a tent, as it's an outdoor show and rain or shine. The space is a 12x12 but I was looking for a 10x10 tent with at least 3 sides. I'm looking for something simple and easy to put up for two people.

Anyone have suggestions on brand and where to buy it?

TIA

If you plan on doing lots of shows invest in a EZ-up tent. I have had mine for over 20 years, well worth it. Bought the sides for it and I can also put it up by myself. There are many distributors on the web.

Hope that helps

I also have an EzUp that has lasted me several years. But not without replacing about 4 of the cross struts. Wind pressure, wear and tear, and hauling back and forth create stress on the struts. But they are easy to replace. Another good brand is Caravan. The next tent I get I want a Caravan. Both EzUp and Caravan are a snap to put up. I've seen others at shows where the people struggle away half their set up time just trying to set up their tents. Invest in a good one!

You will want to get some kind of weights. The wind can carry away a whole tent in one blast. Seen it happen again and again. I just use empty plastic containers filled with play sand. You can also buy weights but making your own containers is easy and cheap. EzUp weights can cost $100.

We also have an EZ up tent. Bought it at either Walmart or Meijer I believe, and also bought the sides (they zipper on). We used it at one show before buying the sides. Having the sides was beneficial b/c it helped to block the sunlight around us, low winds, light rain, etc. It's pretty easy to assemble and disassemble also. Haven't tried doing it by myself, but, it's definately easy for 2 people to do. I'll double check on where we got it just to make sure. HTH. Good luck on your upcoming event(s)!!

And as Candybee stated, you'll definately want some weights. We used some wide PVC pipe, cut it to the size we needed and filled with concrete. The sand would work too. We had some concrete already so went with what we had. The concrete makes them heavy enough, but, not too heavy as I can carry one of them one handed. Then again I lift 75 lbs boxes 5 days a week.

Edited by pleasureridgecandles

My first tent was an EZ Up and it lasted about 7 years. I didn't waterproof it and in heavy rains at a few shows water DID drip though the top. I decided to buy a Caravan with 4 sides and it really helped with my first show after I got it. We had strong winds in the afternoon and those sides really protected everything including me. lol My hubby cut 4 pieces of PVC pipe and we filled them with sand for weights. Several vendors had damaged products because they didn't have weights and their tents blew over upsetting their tables...you could hear glass breaking. The lady across from me had the most damage...plus ALL of her brochures blew away. She immediately packed everything and left.

we've used our ez ups for years and have great luck with them. Ours tents came with bags that we could fill with sand for weights... For something quick you could always use cement blocks and bungee on the corners for weights.

I started with an EZ up with the sides. Used it for 4 years. After replacing most all of the cross pieces and repairing the rest, I retired it after I bought a cheap First up from Wal-Mart. Starting my second year with the first Up and no broken cross pieces yet. Much easier to put up than my EZ up and the EZ up sides work on it too.

I also have PVC and concrete weights. Had to add additional weights last weekend though. I used the round weights from my son's weight set. Added 35 more pounds per leg and the tent did not blow away like some others around me. But boy do I had lugging all of those weights around. The First Ups have a vent at the top of the canopy and the wind blows out instead of lifting the canopy up like my EZ up.

Just bought an EZ-up from Sam's Club with 4 sides and feet attachments that make it easy to weight down for 199 plus tax. If you have a membership and one close by I highly recommend it. I would recommend setting it up the 1st time at home to become familiar with it and attach the top. Then it's EZ.

I started with an EZ up with the sides. Used it for 4 years. After replacing most all of the cross pieces and repairing the rest, I retired it after I bought a cheap First up from Wal-Mart. Starting my second year with the first Up and no broken cross pieces yet. Much easier to put up than my EZ up and the EZ up sides work on it too.

I also have PVC and concrete weights. Had to add additional weights last weekend though. I used the round weights from my son's weight set. Added 35 more pounds per leg and the tent did not blow away like some others around me. But boy do I had lugging all of those weights around. The First Ups have a vent at the top of the canopy and the wind blows out instead of lifting the canopy up like my EZ up.

I saw the First Up pop ups from Walmart at their on line store, the solid sides I need to go with it are currently out of stock. :( I want to get a canopy with the vents and many I've seen don't have them. A friend of mine got a canopy at Home Depot for about $200, so I've been checking there too.

Caravan all the way... Click here... and it will take you to costco. It is $229.00 (which includes shipping!!)

This is the one I have and I can put it up and take it down very easily by myself.

The older version of the EZ UP's are great, but the newer ones suck.

I had gotten one in 2008 ago from sams club and took it back.

It was soooo hard to get up and down and the frame buckled after the second time.

It's now 2 years later, so maybe they have fixed the problem now??? Who knows..

All I know is I LOVE my Caravan....!! See the item description below.. :cheesy2:

Below is the information about the canopy tent.

Designed for optimum sun protection and shade, this 10-feet by 10-feet canopy features built-in reliability and is constructed with the highest quality materials. The 100% polyester top is made of 500 denier heavy duty polyester and is water resistant, fire retardant and UV protected. The patented steel frame is powder coated and a rollerbag, four sidewalls, ropes and stakes are included. Incredibly flexible and convenient, this portable canopy can travel just about anywhere you need protection from the sun.

• 100% white polyester top
  • 500 denier heavy duty polyester top is water resistant, fire retardant and UV protected
  • Patented steel frame with hammertone powder coating
  • Rollerbag, ropes and stakes included in each kit
  • Four sidewalls
  • Color: White
  • Dimensions: 10' x 10'
  • Weight: 68 lbs.
  • Ships in one carton

For more information regarding this item please contact Caravan Canopytoll free at (877) 9-CANOPY

Edited by islandgirl

My EZ-UP is still going strong after several years. I find it tough to put up by myself, but not impossible. I will say that I ruined a tent bag by rolling it around on the wheels, it drags on the ground and rips. I replaced the bag and now carry it by the handles. My weights are 5 gallon pails with cement in them, they each weigh 40# which is the recommended weight per leg. I too have seen both injuries and lots of damage due wind and tents.

e

• 2 weeks later...