Shrink Wrapping - Your Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions, Etc.

http://allwhitecandles.easystorecreator.com/items/Candle-Packaging-and-Candle-Shrink-Wrap/list.htm

Has anyone ever used their shrink wrap products? I am interested in the 3" and 6" pillar shrink wrap and was hoping to hear others experiences and opinions before purchasing 1000.

I have never shrink wrapped anything in my life and I'm hoping that this is a good way to start. If nothing else, I will have 1000 to practice with! :rolleyes2

I have read good reviews on the Allwhitecandles pillar & votive shrink wrap. I had been wanting to use it myself but didn't need the minimum order you have to buy them. But those that reported using them were pleased with the results. The wraps leave a round opening at the top of the candle so customers can smell them. Shrinkwrapped pillars look more professional I think and they help protect them from damage and dust. I'd say go for it. But if you are really unsure try ordering a small packet of shrink wrap from another supplier. Most wraps can be ordered in bags of 100 and are about $7 or more or less.

I use both their pillar and votive shrink wrap and have been very pleased with the results. With the pillar wrap, I cut it to size depending on the size of the pillar, and it works great. It leaves an opening at the top and at the bottom. The overlap on the base is enough that your warning label can adhere to the shrink wrap (we all know that the labels don't stick to well to the wax). Same with the votive shrink wrap. I use a heat gun, not a hairdryer, like some people do. So, yes, it is a good product and I like it. BTW, I use the 3" x 9" pillar shrink wrap and cut it to size, you can get alot more pillars wrapped for just a little bit more money.

Cheers,

Steve

I use them and can't imagine life without them. I've been using the 3x6 and like Steve, I cut to fit smaller candles. The part that I cut off, I use on lotion jars.

If the min order of 1000 is too much for you, I'd take at least half. PM me if you wanna talk.

Edited by Pam W

Pam-- thx for the offer. I don't make pillars very often anymore. They just don't sell well for me. But if I did make them to sell I always wanted to use the shrink wrap from allwhitecandles.

Used to make them a while back. Back then I wrapped them in cello bags to take to craft shows. The bags always got beat up looking and the tops had to be 'fluffed up' all the time from packing and repacking to and from each show. So the pillar shrink wrap is the way to go especially if you are thinking taking them to shows and wholesaling them.

Edited by Candybee

Thank you for the feedback! For those of you who have used these before, is it difficult to get the circle on the top to be centered or look decent? I know that with 1000, I will have plenty of opportunities to practice until I get it just right.

Thank you for the feedback! For those of you who have used these before, is it difficult to get the circle on the top to be centered or look decent? I know that with 1000, I will have plenty of opportunities to practice until I get it just right.

emailed you

OMG I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

I knew to use shrink wrap on our pillars but my wonderful loving, helpful hunny wanted to use cello and put a pretty little bow on top of them to make them look good....well he did that and guess what.....WE STILL HAVE THEM! I think maybe if lucky, 2 - 4 have sold and the rest just sit.....looking all wrinkly, wanting a home to go too =)

Never even thought about searching for shrink wrap ALREADY MADE for pillars =) I was going to buy a roll of it =)

Anyways, again LOVE YOU GUYS! And if anyone would like to part with say 100 - 200 of them, we would be more then interested and could pay by PayPal =)

PM us if you can =)

• 2 weeks later...

Where would I find shrink wrap for 2" pillars or would you just trim the 3"? Have found a few other suppliers other than allwhite. It seems like $55.00 for a 1000 is a bit on the expensive side compared to others. Or am I miscalculating?

Thanks - J.Snow

That comes to about 5.5 cents per wrap. Far cheaper than the standard $7-9 for a pack of 100 shrink wraps at other suppliers. You get them cheaper at Allwhitecandles because you order in bulk. But you have to buy the minimum.

BTW-- they have several different sizes. Don't know which would work for a 2" pillar.

I didn't really keep track of the shipping time from Allwhitecandles but I know I got them in aprox a week from the time I placed the order...I'm happy with the product, the price and the service. Total price for 1000 wraps and shipping to AZ came to $66.72.

Where would I find shrink wrap for 2" pillars or would you just trim the 3"? Have found a few other suppliers other than allwhite. It seems like $55.00 for a 1000 is a bit on the expensive side compared to others. Or am I miscalculating?

Thanks - J.Snow

No, you cannot trim the 3" wraps to fit a 2" - you can only trim them for height but not diameter... you can use the 3" wraps on a 2" but they look awfully wrinkled and sloppy.

I didn't shop around for a better price because I need them like '''now''' but if someone wanted to do a coop, you could share a min order if you can't use the min of 1000. The min order I got will last me a long time but I'm ok with that.