Anyone making soap this weekend?

LovelyLathers

I have not made soap in almost 2 weeks and going through withdrawal but have no idea what to make. Of course Sunday is Easter so I won't be doing any then. Maybe I will try to play around with my slab mold. I have only used it once about 4 years ago. Please, Someone give me ideas for my brain freeze!

I hope so! I have Sunday off and if I make soap, I won't eat any candy.:yay:

I have been making/testing "seasonal" soaps lately. I hope they will be popular with fisherpeople, campers, etc. Made some unscented soap for hunters earlier this week & some peppermint-eucalyptus soap from the same batch. It's supposed to bubble and lather even in salt water. Figured if one is hot & sweaty on a boat, the peppermint might feel good. Perhaps something soothing for sunburned skin or poison ivy... Heck, summer's coming - make some red, white and blue stuff for Independence Day! :smiley2:

Edited by Stella1952

We're soaping this weekend. We've got a lot to do. Our goal is Black Raspberry Vanilla, Lilac, Cool Citrus Basil, Nag Champa, Mango Peach Salsa and Black Canyon (all Peaks) and also Hydrogen (MMS). BUT we'll probably end up fixing drinks, sitting in the adirondack chairs on the deck and watching any storms that come across the river :)

Looks like everyone will be busy. Scented, I doubt your soaps will look anything but professional! I have decided maybe I should box up some of the 400 or so bars that are all set to go before I make some new ones. I have one of my biggest shows of the year next weekend. I have been doing it for 4 years and I am the only soap grafter. Attendance last year was about 50,000. I am set for it but it will clean out my store so I better box up what I have for the store. If I get a chance maybe I will do a Green tea and Rose soap. One of my favorites but get fancy in the slab mold.

I worked on the lawn tonight, but still need to finish up tomorrow night. I might try to sneak in 2 batches tomorrow. I got Lebermuth f/o's from a coop on the dish and haven't tried any of them and, also, mixed up sweet orange and patchouli and want to try it in CP. I can't make too much, I'm out of room and the soap house is on hold (dh is sick of working on it right now). You guys have a good soaping weekend and show us some photos of your soap. Happy Easter.

In the last few days I have made 60 lbs of soap, I have 24 to go. So far I made 6lb batches of organic bastile, organic rosemary mint,organic carrot buttermilk,organic lavender, an absinthe,cool citrus and basil, angel, lavender. I have to make some solid perfume and lotion too, I got almost sold out at my last couple markets. we are doing Easter Monday so I have time to get it all done.