Such a little thing...such a hassle.

Barnaby

With Christmas just around the corner, I'm at my wits end trying to find sphere molds for my bath bombs.santa frow

I've heard some folks say they use some sort of Christmas ornament that splits in two, however I've had no luck finding these. I don't even know their proper name! I realize it's a silly thing to post about, but I've exhausted my resources (I live in a big city too) and I'm determined (read stubborn). I want my bath bombs round...there is no compromise!!!

I've looked for meatballers at two kitchen supply chains and came up empty handed. I checked out a pottery supply store along with Lewiscraft, Michaels and various other arts & crafts stores.

Sorry for the rant, but I just know there is something I've overlooked. There must be something with a 2-3" diameter that's, hard and round and will give me the result I want.

Any help on this would be a tremendous help.

I am in Canada and there are no Hobby Lobby's I'm afraid. I do appreciate your help. I'm still thinking of something I could use as an alternative. No meatballers, no Christmas ornaments...

I've gone to sit under my thinking tree...

think...think...think...

Haha! That Bath Bomb Press at Kangarooblue IS a meatballer innit?! Thanks for all your help. I'm going to try one other Kitchen Supply Shop downtown tomorrow. With any luck, they'll have a meatballer I can purchase. They also come in 2" sizes apparently.

These ornaments people are using as bath bomb molds...are they just plastic ornaments that they crack open? It's just I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for if that's my final option. Mail order won't arrive in time methinks!

Cheers.

They come one to a package and are two pieces that fit together. They have different sizes to choose from. I saw them at Michaels located with all the stuff used to make ornaments. They were on like a second shelf here. I think the 2" or 2 1/2" was 0.99 cents for one.

Thanks sooo much everybody!!!

I did eventually get them at Lewiscraft today. Well, they are the ornaments with two halves which I assume is what a regular bath bomb mold is like (I'm certain they're one in the same).

Anyways, thank you everyone for helping me nail exactly what I was after. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.santa big

ya know, barnaby, why not go ahead and plan for something fresh for the next holidays? i don't make bathbombs or fizzies or anything like that...just cp soap so far. but i had a neat idea. i'll look around a bit to see if i can find something to make the particular shape for you (maybe some of those flexible, shaped ice trays?)...but here's my idea: why not make a short string of christmas light shaped bombs or fizzies attatched to the string with plastic ornament caps?? it would be quite different and might sell...well....at least i've never seen anything like it yet. and maybe those clear plastic ornaments could be filled with bath salts? and sold in sets depending on sizes? just an idea. maybe after i get some more experience with soap i should give some other b&b product a try....hmmm. well, i'm glad you found what you were looking for...happy bombing.