Peanutbutter FO - Which of these suppliers to try first?

HorseScentS

I need to make a peanut butter & maple candle for my dad's birthday because that's his fave scent. :rolleyes2 So I'm getting ready to order CS Maple Sugar, & I found a few sources of Peanut Butter, but I can't afford to get them all after buying candle dyes today, so will you please help me figure out which one or two of these to try first?

Peanut

Taylored Concepts, Inc.

"Not roasted - plain peanut is a great mixer!"

details

Peanut

Creative Fragrances Ltd.

"Strong, earthy, nutty peanut."

details

Peanut Butter

Bitter Creek North

"Sweet, creamy peanut butter."

details

Peanut Butter

Tennessee Candle Supplies

"Rich, thick peanut butter."

details

Peanut Butter

Taylored Concepts, Inc.

"Just like the real deal!"

details

Peanut Butter

Makes Scents Candles

"The classic after-school snack that is smooth and creamy."

TIA :P

I am aware of the issues with Taylored Concepts but the last time I purchased peanut butter from them it was right on and I drooled when I burned the candles as a matter of fact I need to get another bottle. Hope this helps.

I wonder if it was BCN peanut butter I bought on sale from a local chandler last month without sniffing it first. When I got home I sniffed & it smelled like weak brown sugar. lol

Sounds like the one that I've got. It does smell like weak brown sugar. But there is another weird note coming through.

I am aware of the issues with Taylored Concepts but the last time I purchased peanut butter from them it was right on and I drooled when I burned the candles as a matter of fact I need to get another bottle. Hope this helps.

Awesome! I can't wait! It's for my dad's birthday candle. :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, I have smelled GOOD peanut butter fos. The problem is that the oils do not last long at all. The scent gets weird in the bottle pretty quickly- kind of like popcorn. I don't know what is up with that. Also, when I soap most PB scents, they end up smelling like popcorn or brown sugar. I made a scent "kettle corn" this winter because of my bad luck with PB oil. I did not want to waste the oil. It sold pretty well, but I still dream of the perfect peanut butter....

I never smelled the one from Taylored Concepts. How long have you had the fragrance? Did the oil change from a nice PB scent to something off over a couple weeks time? What I mean is, does it smell just as good as when you first smelled it, or did it change over a couple of weeks or so? Just curious.

I never smelled the one from Taylored Concepts. How long have you had the fragrance? Did the oil change from a nice PB scent to something off over a couple weeks time? What I mean is, does it smell just as good as when you first smelled it, or did it change over a couple of weeks or so? Just curious.

I just bought 8 oz a couple of weeks ago & it hasn't changed, & I'm going to use it all up in Comfort Blend candles in early May by mixing it 50/50 with TC Maple Syrup, so I hope it doesn't change before then. TC also has just "Peanut."

Edited by HorsescentS