LS Indian Summer--Rename?

Alajane

I ordered this thinking it would be a good summer scent, not thinking that the term "Indian Summer" refers to an autumn event. Would you rename this for spring/summer shows? I was thinking of Summer Citrus. The description is:

A luscious tropical fruit medley with peaches, pineapples, lemons, limes, grapefruits, melons, and fresh apples.

On the other hand, I live in an area with lots of Indian history, so it could be better to leave it.

As a consumer, if I saw a candle or soap named Indian Summer, I would think fall or apples but not summer/tropical/fresh. Upon sniffing, if it smelled like "regular" summer or spring, then I would still buy it if what I wanted was a "summer mood" kind of scent.

Soooo if you are selling where customers can sniff, probably won't matter to keep it Indian Summer. If you are selling online, the name will matter.

I have some Indian Summer from Backwoods that doesn't smell anything like the LS description (got it from the classifieds recently). I think it's a discontinued scent since I can't find it on BW's site. It's definitely an earthy FO. I smell lots of patch. Bet you'd like this one, Scented! :pHmmm...I think I am feeling an urge to make some incense this weekend. lol

I got this in a Co-op from Soapfreak I think she had Sweetcakes Indian Summer the description sounds the same I haven't soaped it yet.

Barbara AL

I got mine in her co-op too..

i guess i forgot where it was from..

i am going to look it up and make sure..

Edited to say..you are right Barb...it was from Sweetcakes..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

I got mine in her co-op too..

i guess i forgot where it was from..

i am going to look it up and make sure..

Edited to say..you are right Barb...it was from Sweetcakes..

As I recall Helen it was on the little expensive side I need to soap this one too.

Barb

I'd leave it particularly as you live in an area rich with history.

Even if you are selling online I don't think it would present a problem if you are also putting up scent descriptions as well. I rename a lot of mine and put up descriptions and so far, so good.

I have some Indian Summer from Backwoods that doesn't smell anything like the LS description (got it from the classifieds recently). I think it's a discontinued scent since I can't find it on BW's site. It's definitely an earthy FO. I smell lots of patch. Bet you'd like this one, Scented! :pHmmm...I think I am feeling an urge to make some incense this weekend. lol

You are terrible LOL! I have some absinthe because of you and it's been difficult keep the lid on it. NOw you're starting in on this. My sniffer needs a vacation ... :laugh2:

You are terrible LOL! I have some absinthe because of you and it's been difficult keep the lid on it. NOw you're starting in on this. My sniffer needs a vacation ... :laugh2:

HAHA

Well don't worry, Julie! I just checked again and Connie either doesn't carry this anymore or she is out of stock.

I was just sayin' that I bet you'd like this, and soon you'll be able to find out for yourself and it won't cost you a penny. :P

P.S. I'm off to sniff the Absinthe again. lol