M&P Bases Going Up at WSP

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up in case you didn't get the blog info from WSP. Here's the link below:

http://blog.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/2011/03/mp-soap-base-price-increase-coming-41.html

Does anyone know who might carry the exact same bases. I use the ultra white and extra clear only. I need low sweat...live in the South.

I tried the ones from The Chemistry Store and did not like them. I do a lot of layering/design work in my soaps and those set up(congealed) way too fast and at a hotter temp for me to be able to use them for that purpose.

Thanks

Didn't WSP just raise their MP bases in January? I could be mistaken.

Unlike you, I love the Chemistry Store bases because they set so quickly. What about EBC? Their bases are very luxurious, they have reasonable shipping costs, and the base does not set quickly. I am not sure about low sweat though.

yes, they had a SUBSTANTIAL price increase Jan 1. :mad:I have been using their mp bases for 10 years and after this I am seriously going to think about purchasing elsewhere. I am curious to see where others get theirs and if they are happy with it.

I just spoke with EBC and they said they had not had anyone complain about sweating. However, she did inform me that when their current m&p batches are sold out they too will be going up on their prices. She could not say how much as they would all need to be re-priced. But at current rates today if I ordered 40 lbs of base for $60.00 plus approx. $22.00 for shipping...total $82.00

Not sure how much more WSP will go up. I currently am now paying $57.00 and some change for a 24 lb. block of the Ultra White..shipped.

Now my next question to anyone using the EBC base....do any of you do embeds, layers, etc. with it. I need it to cool to around 124 degrees and still stay liquid. (Hope that makes sense).

A few years ago I tried M&P bases from several suppliers & I liked WSP bases best. None of the other clear bases were as clear as the one I use from WSP. Very few people who use my M&P even look at the ingredients so I didn't feel natural ingredients were a bonus. I found the EBC bases to be a bit "rubbery". WSP bases lathered well & lasted longer in the soap dish for me than the others. The white base was very white & didn't sweat like the others I sampled. I don't add other ingredients to them but I have made fish in a bag, aquarium soaps, ducky soaps, etc. & they all came out nice. Have also painted the soaps without any trouble. Their oatmeal base has been popular for me too. Personally, I find ALL M&P bases to be drying to my skin & use only CP soap myself but I like the cute things that can be done with M&P. I'm sure everyone has their own experiences & opinions on all of the available brands of M&P. I'm just sharing my own! I do wish another supplier carried the same bases because I too am tired of all of the changes at WSP.

Thanks Jade...I really don't want to change..I have everything down perfect with the WSP bases and I agree on the Clear base..wonderful. I'm just nervous about the substantial price increase. I can't absorb any more and raising my prices to reflect the big hike is out of the question in my market. May have to raise them a tad though. Will have to wait and see what the actual price will be.

Thanks for your input. Look forward to see what others who use the EBC bases think.

I never thought the EBC bases were rubbery at all. I think they are so much better than WSP in the way that they feel on the skin. My issue is that EBC bases take longer to set. For your needs, you should NOT use the clear base fro EBC. It has a blue cast to it.

SON.....O.....B****!!!!!! Grrrr....I have been saying I need to make the leap to CP for most of my soaps. This might just be the push I needed. This is getting ridiculous.

My soap base was one of the few things I was still getting from WSP but it might be time to make the leap. I will either be switching back to Stephenson's or go to the EBC base (had bought a sample and really liked it).

do you not like the SFIC, brand?

i just bought some to try out..i have never made M&P

i got the white, LS white, LS clear, shaving, & clear,

i am anxious to give it a try..

I'm really liking the SFIC brand. I've tried Stephenson, Crafter's Choice, EBC and NG Natural bases. Unfortunately with EBC, the smallest amount you can buy is 20lbs plus shipping. That is a lot for me on a hobby budget right now for testing. I did pick up some of the samples but those are only 6 to 8 ounces, so not a lot to really test with. The NG Natural bases are very nice but were a little too soft for me. Stephenson and Crater's Choice were so-so. But, just my opinion from my testing.

I add quite a bit of 'stuff' to my M&P and the SFIC works really well for me. Also picked up some more in the last Co-op. I was using just the white base initially but switching to clear to hopefully get brighter colors. I do add Goat's Milk so add a little white base to get the soap white. But, don't have to use as much colorant to get brighter/deeper colors. I could only manage pastels with an all-white base. Could be my dye or I don't add enough. Grabbed some of the shave soap as well to add a little to my bars. Hopefully kick up the lather a bit.

Anyway, hope you like the SFIC. Since I can't do CP, having fun with M&P.

Edited by ProudMarineMom