Oh boy, Candle Science

marcuset

Saimeezer most of the CS FOs you can get at Natural Candle Supply in Sydney Just FYI in case you didn't know

Tammy

Thanks Tammy for the heads-up but they do not stock any of the ones I am interested in. Also I have found it cheaper, even with international shipping, to buy from overseas as a lot of companies here have horrific mark-ups! Natural Candle Supply I see are putting 300 - 400% mark up on their stuff!

I deal with Big Tree here as they are the only reliable company I have found in Oz (and they don't dilute the fragrances) but prefer in the main to buy direct from the USA.

Thanks for your help ... and if you do have good experiences with Aussie companies please let me know as I am always willing to check a company out!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my order yesterday....As already mentioned about the honeysuckle, when we placed the order, we did not see it listed....until later in the day and when our order was already placed. :confused:

OOB - All three of these smell pretty much as described on CS's site:

Jamaica Me Crazy - To me the pineapple and the tangarine are dominate...really like this one

Beach Linen - The herbal notes stand out to me...almost smells like basil or something like that. I like this one too

Caribbean Teakwood - The scents described on their site is pretty accurate. I kept wondering where the "caribbean" came in at. But in the very end, I did get that clean/fresh whiff...if that makes sense.

Looking forward to seeing other reviews

Oh...and any that got the honeysuckle, looking forward to those reviews too.

After I said I wasn't going to order...all ready have over 20 FO's sitting here waiting to test...I ended up placing an order!! I swear I have no willpower!!

Ordered....

Beach Linen

Jamaica Me Crazy

Honeysuckle

Blueberry Cheesecake

Apple Harvest

Green Tea and Lemongrass

Pomegranate and Sage

Guess it could have been worse!! :-)

Karen

Got both of my orders yesterday. Haven't had a chance to put any in wax yet but I hope to do that tonight at the arts council meeting.

OOB

Jamaica Me Crazy - I can pick up the citrus and something else. Not overly found of this but I'm sure in wax it will be a different story

Caribbean Teakwood - Oh My! Just OOB I love this. Hope it smells just as good in wax. I can pick up the woody notes right away. It's a rich scent with some complexity.

Beach Linen - To me it has a slight fruity smell but smells clean all at the same time. I liked this one too

Honeysuckle - I'm in love! If this throws as good as it smells I will be so happy. We have a couple of varieties of honeysuckle in my back yard. On a warm night I can sit on my porch and smell them. It's a beautiful floral scent. This oil matches it perfectly to me.

I will try to get all 4 of these into wax tonight. :)

Go my order today. Here we go

Beach Linen: oob it fresh with citrus notes, i some herbal notes and fresh linen. It smells that like dried clothes on a beach. I love it.

Caribbean Teakwood: oob Oh my, in love with this one. It is unisex and complex woodsy, tobacco, sweet sandlwood, cannot wait to wax this one.

Jamaica Me Crazy: oob was not sure at first, so i put a tiny drop on my wrist it growing on me i can smell pineapple, hint of banana and citrus and a right amount of coconut.

Honeysuckle: oob it is strong, i do not know about this scent. I am not going to be quick to judge it until I put it in wax. I do not like the sweetness of this; however, I am judging it oob. We will see.

Just got home so I am opening my order. I feel like a kid in a candy store!! Yippee!!

All reviews OOB of course. Here goes:

Caribbean Teakwood - I am liking this. A nice woodsy, softly masculine scent with a touch of something tropical. Do I detect a note of lime? and coconut? Not sure. But I want to put this in M&P and my GG palm wax.

Jamaica Me Crazy - I think I like this about the same as Sex on the Beach but more than Hawaiian Breeze. Its a nice tropical fruity scent. I can definitely smell pineapple and something like passion fruit.

Beach Linen - Another good one. A nice clean fresh laundry scent with an ocean type breeze thrown in. I'd rename it Aloha Breeze or Waikiki Wahine. It has a clean, fresh, tropical fruity thing going on.

Oakmoss & Amber - Not exactly new but still one of the new ones I had not tried yet. The amber is subdued in this, very light. I smell more oakmoss and it has a masculine flavor without smelling like heavy cologne. I'm thinking soap for this baby.

Grapefruit & Mangosteen - Another one thats been out for a bit but I haven't tried til now. Can definitely smell the grapefruit but its not sharp and citrusy like Sea Island Grapefruit. The mangosteen balances the sharpness and adds just the right amount of sweet. A nice clean, lightly sweet citrus type scent. Unfortunately not what I am looking for.

Pomegranate Cider - Another newish one I have yet to try. Not sure what I smell OOB. I detect some spice and fruit and definitely a cider type scent. Could be a sub for the Pomegranate Sage. Looking for a good pom and the pom & sage didn't sell for me.

Blueberry Cheesecake - Not new but I finally got a sample today. I smell blueberry and bakery cake. Not sure I smell cheesecake exactly but its very nice. Can't tell til I put in wax. I have an idea this will pop in wax.

Lilac - Another one I hadn't tried yet. Wow! This one does handstands over the current Lilac I am using. Its wonderful. Fresh and realistic. It also has that recognizable 'blossom' note that some florals are missing.

Lavender Vanilla - Another not tried yet oils. Nice slightly herbal lavender with a french type vanilla. I'm gonna use this to replace my current Lavender Vanilla I have been mixing on my own.

Smoke & Odor Eliminator - getting lots of requests for this in the summer and fall so decided to get a sample. Not bad. A nice spicy scent but need to put in wax to make out all the notes. I am beginning to get candlenose.

Pineapple Coconut - Always on the lookout for my next summer scent. Been wanting a pineapple coconut so thought I'd give this one a try. I can definitely smell the pineapple and the coconut as well. A nice blend OOB. Hope it blossoms in wax. I want a very tropical P&C.

Angel - I've been using Fillmore Containers Angel and its a good one thats selling well for me. But as always on the lookout for the perfect Angel so thought I'd give this a try. Smells like the same Angel to me, a nice blend of bergamot and patch. Will see if I like it better than Fillmores.

Don't like OOB:

Basil & Herb - Its kind of smelly to me. I smell yucky leaves and nice fresh basil. It has the herbal scent okay but don't like the tomato? leaf. Maybe in wax it blossoms but OOB it stinks.

Citronella - Don't think you have to like this scent and I know a lot of people don't. It made my stomach flinch just sniffing it OOB. But the proof is if it really works as a bug repellent in wax. It certainly repelled me!

Candybee, I agree, the Amber is very light in the Oakmoss and Amber. But, I'm really loving this scent. I put it in M&P and it turned out wonderfully. Did well in bath melts, sugar scrub cubes and lotion bars as well.

Didn't get my order in until today so will have to wait until Friday for delivery. Appreciate everybody's initial impressions.

"I will not get more FO's...I will not get more FO's..."

That was what I was saying as I met the UPS lady at the door. She had a package that said Candle Science on it...what the heck, LOL. Anyway, here are a few reviews OOB on some of the new ones, and some that are new to me.

Honeysuckle - very "sweet" floral. I like it, going to put it in soy soon and try it in GG Palm and see how it does.

Caribbean Teakwood - to me it has a "sweet woodsy" type scent. I like!

Jamaica Me Crazy - get lots of coconut out of this one, with the citrus notes. OK, but will have to see how it is in wax.

Sex on the Beach - smells like ambrosia salad to me. Not too bad.

Lavender Vanilla - lavender hits me first, quickly followed up with the vanilla. Smells just like the name, think it could be a winner.

Apple and Clover - wanted to try for a customer who likes every apple scent! Get lots of macApple out of it with a little clover, hope it picks up in wax. Good OOB if you want an apple scent.

Lemon Chiffon - Very nice, lemon pound cake is a hit for me, I think this will be too. Just like lemon icing.

OK, that's about all I have time for now. BTW, I have been pouring the Oakmoss & Amber for a while now, and it is a decent seller. Definately a masculine scent. Goes well with my Green Amber and Asian Amber candles.

Cheers,

Steve

And just to totally change the subject...finally decided to get a smartphone (had my current phone for 5 years) so just got the HTC Thunderbolt. Had no idea it was a new phone! For some reason, even with the unlimited data plan it is cheaper than my old plan (gotta love the military discounts!). What a brick! Screen is almost as big as my computer, LOL. Now to take a few months to learn how to use it...

Edited by Wessex

Caribbean Teakwood - I am liking this. A nice woodsy, softly masculine scent with a touch of something tropical. Do I detect a note of lime? and coconut? Not sure. But I want to put this in M&P and my GG palm wax.

Candybee, take a look at the label on the Teakwood. It says candles only. I am SO disappointed!! :( CS box was delivered today and really liked this scent OOB.

Got my co-op soap yesterday so was thinking the same thing. M&P here I come!! Just looked at the front of the bottle, downer.... I didn't notice it online either. This would make a wonderful men's scent. Heck, I like!

Did the same thing with the Grapefruit and Mangosteen. Made some bath melts but hadn't given them to my testers yet. Fortunately, Luminous pointed that out in another thread when I commented on the oil.

Just wanted to let you know.

J