Home made molds for cut n curl

I thought cut n curl was more of a dipping type process.

I have not made any cut n curl, but am reading about them and plan on trying it some day. If I were going to start with a star shape, I think I'd just buy a star shaped mold that is available from any of the metal mold suppliers and then use that as a core and dip from there.

EricofAZ - I'm talking about molds for candle core. If we have any shops in Poland with this molds I would buy it. Cut n curl is something new in Poland so there is no equipment for it.

Candybee - I have already read many posts of mr Bruce. He makes beautiful candles and has great imagination for making new types of them :)

So anyone know how to make a mold for candle core by oneself in home?

The only way I could think of is to use silicone other wise that type of mold is made out of metal and the jigs and equipment to make them are expensive.

You might try theses guys they are closer to you than the USA and they do make a star mold. It has been years since I ordered from them but they were good to work with then.

http://www.d-c-m.dk

Edited by Vicky_CO

Have you seen the demonstration on You Tube? The video states that the chandlers train for a year to learn the technique. The video is fascinating but also explains why so few chandlers attempt this art. Lonestar has the 5 point star pillar molds and the wax. There are a few projects available by just typing in cut and curl candle projects. HTH

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

Vicky_CO thank you for this site, you really help me :)

Steve - of course I saw that movie. Some artists sad that you need only few months to learn carving. It depends on many things. Dana Brooks in her book sad that you need only few weeks. I think that the most advanced techniques require a year of learning.

Edited by Thaiphoon