Worried about Bert's

Ravens

Was going to place an order for 3 different FOs, but all three are sold out.

I read she's having some problems with her supplier; I'm sure she's stressed to the max, and frankly so am I. I have this sinking feeling Bert may close up shop:sad2::sad2:

Someone please tell me I'm wrong!

I have the same feeling. And have had to find replacements for most of my oils cuz she doesn't have them and not sure when they'll be in. Happened before with needing to find replacements for a few of her oils.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong!

I contacted her an got a reply email ... she is NOT planning on closing. Sucks that one supplier left her in the lurch. It's going to take a lot of work on her part to get inventory back in ... and a lot of patience from us while she tests some dups and maybe new FOs. I appreciate her keeping prices reasonable for us.

I'm sticking with her ...

I remember reading something either on her website or in a newsletter (really can't remember sorry) that she is frantically trying to find suitable replacements for many of her current scents because her pricing went up significantly and she doesn't want to pass significant increases on to her customers. She was in the process of testing and asked if customers could please be patient.

Ravens I didn't use those ones from berts. I do have cool water from NG, but I have never smelled the real deal so don't know how similar it is to the dupe or berts. I am really hoping everything will be ok with her, There are a few of her oils I just can't get anywhere else that is even close to what hers are like. passionate kisses I had to find a replacement for cuz it was discontinued. I had to get a different blueberry muffin and even the replacement I have isn't nearly as good. I haven't found a better monkey farts or creme brulee and Vanilla latte is one of the best coffee type oils I have ever found. There are a few more I can't get anywhere else either.

Edited by *Dee*

I will just cry if I can't get Bert's creme brulee..... I have been stressing for her !!! LOL if I have to start paying $20 lb for FO, I don't know how I will make it. I would have to go up big time on my candles...:sad2: I can tell you one thing, if she stocks back up, I will too !!! We will be fighting to order her oils, huh? :laugh2: I was so afraid she was going to go out of business.... that would make me want to quit also, I think....:angry2:

You know, I was considering the Paradise and Rain FOs. Do you use them in wax or B&B? How's the scent throw? Paraffin, soy, or parasoy?

I tried her Monkey Farts, but there is another MF that I like much better; it's from a different supplier.

I love Bert,...as long as she is in business, she will always have my business. I have probably shopped at every supplier their is it seems, and she WINS with her customer service, SUPER FAST SHIPPING and her PRICES CAN'T BE BEAT.

LOVE YOU BERT & WAITING VERY PATIENTLY!! :smiley2:

I think she is going to SURPRISE us all with some new FO's.

Edited by leisa2003
added

I'm also disappointed to see she's having problems. Went to reorder her Coconut Lime and it's no longer there. Hopefully things get straightened out for her soon. In the meantime, if anyone knows a good Coconut Lime with more Coconut than Lime, let me know. Just ordered MC's Coconut Grove to mix with a little lime but it's not really Coconut enough even before I add the lime :(

Thx

sorry Ravens-just saw this. i make tarts, votives, & some candles. just started with the B & B, so haven't tried any of Bert's in that stuff. i love the paradise!! to me it is a seashore scent, and i do not smell grapefruit as is in her description. think a pretty version of sea mist. i also mix it 50/50 with salty sea air (keystone's is the best) for a more intense ocean scent. it is also great mixed with lime (or margarita) & salty sea air. the rain is a clean watery-floral type, and i am not a flowery person at all. very fresh, but not at all laundry. i use 1 1/2 oz. per lb. for tarts and these scents last!

hth-kris

ps-never smelled the archipeglo (spelling?) that paradise is supposed smell like

Edited by deisel
spelling

I have that going on with several suppliers. They tell me the money is just not there. The manufacturers are cracking down on credit with them. I am out of some of my scents all the time now. Just on a smaller scale then they are. It is hard to make it. The oils are going up for them too. And wax. This darn gas is causing another rise. I hate paying 20. or more a lb too. NGs is even going up. I don't want any of them to have to close. :confused:

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie. I was going to post about Bert's last week, but then my husband and I left for a last minute vacation.We are just getting back. I am in dire need of something close to Bert's Sensational Pine/Christmas Tree. I have 4 orders waiting to be filled with this scent. I am pretty stressed at this point and time. I am from Maine so this is a very popular scent for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Primitive-try Rocky Mountain Pine by Heartfelt. Hopefully, this fragrance is in stock. Recent posts have mentioned a lack of communication, but I do believe everyone received the oils ordered from Heartfelt. IMHO, it is the best pine/Christmas scent out there, and I have tested Bert's. I did order Paradise and CD wicks from Bert, placed order Friday night, got a notice before 8am Monday that it was shipped! I certainly will continue to give her my business. Please test Aspen Forest when it is restocked @Bert's. It is a citrusy/fruit/pine scent that is great year 'round. It is definitely different from a straight pine, so there is room in my fragrance oil pantry for both!!

@Primitive-try Rocky Mountain Pine by Heartfelt. Hopefully, this fragrance is in stock. Recent posts have mentioned a lack of communication, but I do believe everyone received the oils ordered from Heartfelt. IMHO, it is the best pine/Christmas scent out there, and I have tested Bert's. I did order Paradise and CD wicks from Bert, placed order Friday night, got a notice before 8am Monday that it was shipped! I certainly will continue to give her my business. Please test Aspen Forest when it is restocked @Bert's. It is a citrusy/fruit/pine scent that is great year 'round. It is definitely different from a straight pine, so there is room in my fragrance oil pantry for both!!

i also love the aspen forest..

if you need it..Elements, used to be flickers..Balsam & Citrus, is i think the same oil..it is just more expensive than Berts..

but in a pinch..it is there..i have both fo's, and they are very very close, if not the same...

Thanks for the info on Heartfelt..

I also will always buy from Bert..she is a sweetheart..i sure hope for her sake she can get things going for her again..

I love Bert's FO. My family raves about:

Fig Melon

Watermelon

Vanilla Latte

Black Raspberry Vanilla and

Cucumber Melon

I have not found replacements for Fig Melon or Vanilla Latte. Waiting for Bert to restock and will order from her again. She is great and yes :yay: super-fast shipping!!!