Check your system for webtrends

Discover used to purchase cell phone app. Last purchases 2/17 CS and C&S. Check your activeX Controls and Cookies, Look for webtrends.com you may have virus. I have nerver even been on this site and my internet security did not catch it had to reload entire system. Thought I was protected !

To find webtrends cookie and get rid of it go to http://www.exterminate-it.com/download this is the only program that I found that would get rid of it

For more info search webtrends virus. Hope this helps its the only way I Found it Avg internet security did not find it. I thought I was well Protected who knew! It took me a couple days to figure this out. trust me it is a virus. from what I read this is a very common cookie for your system to have. Program also tells you how to block webtrends from entering your system again.

To find webtrends cookie and get rid of it go to http://www.exterminate-it.com/download this is the only program that I found that would get rid of it

For more info search webtrends virus. Hope this helps its the only way I Found it Avg internet security did not find it. I thought I was well Protected who knew! It took me a couple days to figure this out. trust me it is a virus. from what I read this is a very common cookie for your system to have. Program also tells you how to block webtrends from entering your system again.

Who are you and why should anybody download from a link you've posted?

I was sort of wondering the same thing.... download another something that probably has it's own tracking cookies??? no thanx...

Go into tools.. internet options.. and check your privacy... you can check cookie links there on most programs. From there you can decide if you want to allow or block that program.

Edited by SherriLynn

I know I'm new to this site Just joined a couple days ago you dont have to use the link, Just do a little research on webtrends virus I gave the link because there is also bogus program to get rid of this that is also virused make shur you use a verified site just trying to help. I'm also a victim of this and will not tolerate it. The cookie is compromised and is recording your key strokes if it on your system. I Want Them Caught and would like to get them alone in a room for about five minutes! If you get my drift.

It will not show up in virus vault, It compromises the cookie some how and record key strokes this is just what I found out through research. Malwarebytes did not find it as well as AVG or Windows malicious Software removal tool, Like I said I thought I was protected. I'm one of the good guys I know thats hard to believe in today world

In my research I've found this.....not a virus.. it's a tracking cookie...

Listed on exterminateit.com

" the cookie is only temporarily removed and it will be automatically recreated when you visit the webtrends.com website again, or when you visit any other website that uses any of the webtrends.com components."

Appears to me to be a marketing tool used on websites.. lots of tracking cookies out there spyware/malware.. and they are usually harmless and pretty easy to remove following your internet options and privacy settings, if your usual program doesn't catch it.... you should also be able to add it to your blocked websites so you don't have to deal with it again..

I too had the webtrend cookie....but not until AFTER the cc incident. AVG took care of it...or so it says. Both times I was in the SCEIC website (don't go to it!) I got a virus. Then the cc incident :confused:

You need to go into your options and not allow webtrend.com to post a cookie.

If you use FF

Tools

Options

Exceptions (Then type in webtrends.com and it won't allow the cookie at all)

I had deleted it and it came back.. Then I put it on my exception list and no more webtrend.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I spoke with McAfee this evening about something totally different. I asked about Webtrends. The gal did a bit of research and said it is not a virus or anything bad. It's like some kind of third party thing that tracks sales.

That itself sounds ominous to me. It sounds like something affiliated with credit card companies rather than individual suppliers.

I'm using Chrome now and can't find where to see what cookies I have. I see where to remove them, but I can't find the list. Still looking.

When I found webtrends using Firefox, it was /UK. Oh, oh, I just had a brain flash! I know now. I was on a UK soapers site and even though I didn't load anything into the cart, I'll bet that's where I picked it up.

The bottom line is there is NO web privacy. None. Nada. Zilch. ZERO. You ARE being watched. Get used to it.

for chrome, tools-options-under the hood- content settings-manage exceptions under cookies.

Thank you thank you thank you. I've looked "under the hood" but I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Found 'em and now I remember I saw it the other day but it's not in alpha order.

It's always something.........

:cheesy2: