igi container waxes

Hi all... I am looking for suggestions and oppinions.

I want to try out some container waxes.. I am currently using the igi 6006, want to try a different one.. but not sure which so I thought I would get oppinions about how they all compare.

IGI 4630 (harmony blend), IGI 4627 (comfort blend) and IGI 6006.

I like the burn characteristics of the 6006 but I notice sometimes I get seepage when only using 6%.. and the hot throw is not always that good.

all suggestions and oppinions will be appreciated greatly. :)

thank you

daisyfairy

I use 4627 and am very happy with it. The throw is awesome, both hot and cold. Wicking it is a real bear in just about any container I've tried and it's kinda messy to get out of the bag since it's like really thick vaseline. For me it's worth the hassle though and I have a pretty good mess-free system now for getting it portioned and out of the bag to use.

wow! like really thick vaseline??? I may give it a try... did some searches and people seem to like it. couldn't really find any comparisons though.. but I will prolly give it a try and see how it works for me.

I found some threads where people were having trouble wicking the harmony blend... so not sure about that one. wicking is hard enough ya know... lol!

thanks for the info.

daisyfairy

I've found with the 4627 there is no rhyme or reason to the wicking. Most tell you to wick up a size or two from the suggested size with this wax but I've found a few containers or FO's that I've had to wick down from the suggested size. Once or twice I've even have to change wick sizes for "the perfect burns" that have always worked for me. Go figure, candle gremlins I guess. Also the HTP's, CD's and LX's work the best for me. Zinc's suck for some reason. They hate me.

Well I am a huge fan of the Harmony blend. I have tried the comfort blend, but didn't like the mess, didn't like the hot throw and wicking was difficult. But it is really personal for everybody. Good to give both a try and see what works for you. Good Luck!

I didn't like the harmony blend. It wouldn't throw well for me and it smoked terribly.

I love the Comfort Blend. It is really messy, but if you can wick it right, it makes a great candle with an awesome scent throw. This wax has the best throw out of all the one-pour blends I've tried. I would definitely recommend it.

Oh thank you all so much for the info! I will try out both and see..I really like using the cd wicks.. I have gotten better throw with them in almost everything :) The curling bugs me sometimes.. but I hate the mushrooms of the zincs.

so I guess it is Test.. test... test..test.. haha.. Oh well, at least my house smells good. lol!

thanks again

daisyfairy

• 11 months later...
:D I use 4627 and it seems to work really well. Still doing testing. I use 8oz.jj. If anyone has advice on wicking, that would be great!!! Well on heavier scents I was wondering which wick and size might do well.:embarasse Testing going o.k. but would love to smell all through the house. I know It can be done with this wax, Just a challenge. Thanks so much:D

:D I use 4627 and it seems to work really well. Still doing testing. I use 8oz.jj. If anyone has advice on wicking, that would be great!!! Well on heavier scents I was wondering which wick and size might do well.:embarasse Testing going o.k. but would love to smell all through the house. I know It can be done with this wax, Just a challenge. Thanks so much:D

Try doing a search on here and on the old board for this wax. You'll find lots of information and wick recommendations :D

Well... if you want something that's in between the 6006 and the 4627 then the 4630 (which is what I use) is it. :)

It's not as greasy as the 4627 but still pretty soft and throws really well for me at least. Yes, it's a wicking bear at first, but it seems in my experience that most of the softer waxes are very tempermental unfortunately, but worth it IMO.

Good luck with your testing and hope you find one you really like working with.

• 10 months later...

I'm using Harmony Blend also. It is easy to work with. Throw is fantastic and color is great. But it is very hard to wick. After fooling with it for a year, I have concluded cotton wicks work better for me that HTP wicks but I am using a container that tapers narrower at the bottom. If you use a container that is wider at the bottom, I agree HTP would be good. Be advised I have yet to find a wick for a small jar that works with the heavy scents. If you use a larger container you may have better luck.