Recipe for baby shower favors??

Stephanie

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking in the B&B forum for a couple of weeks and getting very anxious to start playing with stuff. I'm planning a baby shower for my sister in February and since I make candles I know she's expecting Baby Powder votives so I want to surprise her with some kind of bath & body product. I was thinking glycerin soaps (I have candy molds for baby favors). Is there an easy recipe, or something else that someone can recommend? Thanks for any help!!

Ohhh, I just love baby showers..can I come? :) There's tons of stuff you can make for baby shower favors, but I think the easist is just to buy cute little stork molds, or baby booties- whatever strikes your fancy :) and some M&P Goat's Milk Soap (not as drying as regular glycerin) and get creative! You can use a bag with a hole cut in it to fill in different parts of the molds with different colors. It's super easy and tons of fun! :) There's also lots of wonderful recipes on this board for actual baby items that you can make and put in a basket for the expecting mama. Or you can make some belly balm (but that requires more ingredients.) When I was pregnant, my friend made me homemade belly balm to rub on my belly...helped a lot with stretch marks and really did wonders for the itching!!! :)

So can I just order some goat's milk soap base, add safe FO and color and that's it?? I love that!!

Do you have a recipe for the belly balm? My sister is only 28 weeks so she still has time and since this is her first I'd love to make it special for her.

Ok, got the recipe from my friend- And I've only tried it twice, but it was awesome! She uses 4 oz. shea (unrefined is the best, but refined will work as well.) 2 oz. cocoa butter, 1 oz. olive butter and 1 oz. mango butter. Melt these all in the microwave and mix in 2 oz. sweet almond oil and 2 oz. safflower oil. I added a T of Vit. E and about a T of aloe juice, but they can be left out and it still makes a good belly balm. She also added a little bit of Lavender EO, and Peppermint EO...from what that heavenly stuff smelled like, I'd have never have guessed it was a lavender/mint blend...smelled awesome!! Anyway, hope that helps!!!

Ok, got the recipe from my friend- And I've only tried it twice, but it was awesome! She uses 4 oz. shea (unrefined is the best, but refined will work as well.) 2 oz. cocoa butter, 1 oz. olive butter and 1 oz. mango butter. Melt these all in the microwave and mix in 2 oz. sweet almond oil and 2 oz. safflower oil. I added a T of Vit. E and about a T of aloe juice, but they can be left out and it still makes a good belly balm. She also added a little bit of Lavender EO, and Peppermint EO...from what that heavenly stuff smelled like, I'd have never have guessed it was a lavender/mint blend...smelled awesome!! Anyway, hope that helps!!!

From everything I have read about EO's it says that you should never use peppermint eo while pregnant or nursing.

This is what I use for my belly butter. I don't sell stuff. I just like to play and give it for gifts, but everyone who has used it has loved it and has said it really helps. They could just be saying that to be nice though. lol

Unrefined Shea Butter

Kpangnan Butter

Avocado Oil

Unrefined Hempseed Oil

Lemon essential oil

• 7 months later...