Which Tart Wax has Best and Longest Scent Throw

flowerbaby

O.k. I know there will be conflicting feelings on this, but I want to know, which Clamshell tart wax do you think makes the prettiest and longest scent throwing products? I find mine makes really nice looking product, but the scent only lasts a couple of hours. Thank you, Elizabeth

Thank you. That is the Wax I use also. I was thinking of increasing my oil a little to see if the scent would last a little longer. How many squares do you melt at one time? I have been only putting in one at a time, or maybe 2 because it so strong at first, but it seems like after an hour or so the scent is almost all gone. I guess maybe for one or 2 squares the scent evaporates out fairly quickly. Still figuring all of this out. Take care. Elizabeth

I really like the way the KY wax works (convenience), but am hoping to find a wax that gives scent throw for a really long time and I find with the KY sometimes the scent doesn't last as long as I would like.

How long do you find the melts throw scent with the TCS? And how many squares out of a clamshell do you put in your warmer at one time?

I really appreciate your help. Elizabeth

BOOOOOOO!! hahaha..I am so jealous that many of you live by these suppliers. I think there are a couple almost 2 hours or so away from me.

Only 2 hrs?? I have one that's 2 hrs away, the other is 5 1/2...lol

Many people here would kill to be within a couple hours of suppliers. :)

Agree. I consider myself lucky that Lone Star is less than a 3-hr drive away from me. Too bad their oils do not throw for me - at all :sad2:. Tried several of them... nothing. But I buy my waxes there and it sure helps with the shipping costs!

You've got that right, I just spent $100 on shipping only 4 cases of wax! And that was with the 100 wt. discount.:sad2:

Only 2 hrs?? I have one that's 2 hrs away, the other is 5 1/2...lol

Many people here would kill to be within a couple hours of suppliers. :)

hahahaha...I am not quite sure of that number or what suppliers are there but I know there are some in PA somewhere and that is roughly a 2 hour drive from where I am. I am seriously thinking about scoping some out and just taking a Saturday to go check it out.

ETA: All of these are basically 3 hours or so away. Are any worth the drive?

Keystone, CandleWic and Candle and Supply.

Edited by queensh

Candlewic is good for wax. I do not use their oils, but I use the CBL-130 for candles. They have some other nice waxes also, depending on what you are looking for. If you want some good, local oils, order from Backwoods Fragrance Supply. I love her oils. She is on my side of the state, about 10 minutes from me in Western PA...but shipping to you should be reasonable being that you are in PA. Also Fillmore container is in PA...I don't know how far from you right off, but they are good for candle jars. You also should try Candlescience if you haven't already. They are in NC, but ship reasonable and fast to PA and they have awesome oils as well. Plus, they are good for wicks and other supplies. HTH

Candlewic is good for wax. I do not use their oils, but I use the CBL-130 for candles. They have some other nice waxes also, depending on what you are looking for. If you want some good, local oils, order from Backwoods Fragrance Supply. I love her oils. She is on my side of the state, about 10 minutes from me in Western PA...but shipping to you should be reasonable being that you are in PA. Also Fillmore container is in PA...I don't know how far from you right off, but they are good for candle jars. You also should try Candlescience if you haven't already. They are in NC, but ship reasonable and fast to PA and they have awesome oils as well. Plus, they are good for wicks and other supplies. HTH

I'm in PA (southeastern PA) too, about 40 minutes from C&S and buy quite a bit from them and have it the next day. Nature's Garden (Ohio) is another one I buy from and has quick shipping. Fillmore is in Lancaster, PA and is a 1 day ship for me (it's about an hour drive for me).

I've used Backwoods oils, they worked pretty good for me. CS has some nice oils too. As far as wax goes, I buy from CS, both container and tart wax. Though I think C&S has wax a little cheaper than CS. Not sure how their shipping rates compare to CS and other PA suppliers.

Edited by PAgirl89

I'm in PA (southeastern PA) too, about 40 minutes from C&S and buy quite a bit from them and have it the next day. Nature's Garden (Ohio) is another one I buy from and has quick shipping. Fillmore is in Lancaster, PA and is a 1 day ship for me (it's about an hour drive for me).

I've used Backwoods oils, they worked pretty good for me. CS has some nice oils too. As far as wax goes, I buy from CS, both container and tart wax. Though I think C&S has wax a little cheaper than CS. Not sure how their shipping rates compare to CS and other PA suppliers.

Thank you so much! I will have to check to see if they are open for business on Saturdays but one or two day shipping is great too.

I don't know how you feel about palm wax, but I've been using the palm feather wax for tarts. So far the 1st batch has some really good HT, though I probably used a little more FO than I normally would when using Ecosoya pillar blend.

Right now I have chocolate chip cookie dough & buttercream tart in the warmer and it's throwing great. My rooms are fairly large and these palm tarts are doing a really great job. I wasn't pleased with the HT with the palm wax the last time I used it for tarts. But this time I added more FO and the HT is doing much better.

The palm wax seems to not take so long to set compared to the pillar blend I was using and they popped right out of the silicone mold. I didn't have to struggle with it like I do sometimes with the pillar wax. I don't think CS is carrying palm wax anymore, but you can still get it from Peak.

http://www.peakcandle.com/category/Waxes/Palm-Wax.aspx

I LOVE feather palm wax for tarts. I use it all the time. I use a little more that 6% and I usually get about 18 hours of strong scent that fills my house . I do use a tea light burner as the plug in ones are not that easy to find here. I have not had one FO that does not throw.

Tammy

Edited by Tribalvixen