CP or HP?

afloor12108

So excited got my new wood mold today! Now Im wondering if I should start out with CP or HP? I have read and watched lots of tutorials about both but am a little worried about the zap test that I heard about with HP on a tutorial. (Im a weenie) :cheesy2: What do you think a newbie to soaps should experiment with first?

Thanks so Much!

Allison

I made my first batch of hp about a week ago...the batch failed, but the tongue testing isn't so bad. :smiley2: I also heard you can test with PH test strips..think you can get them at the pet store (fish tank supplies)

Edited by try2chme
add info

Many many years ago I only did CP, loved it at the time. Just recently started making soap again and now doing HP. I had wondered the difference my self, did do lots of research but none answering my questions. Love that I can use HP straight away virtually. Super quick to make, although years ago I used to stir the damn soap by hand used to take forever as opposed to having a stick blender now. I will stay with HP.

i started with CP. did that for awhile...then kept reading about HP. gave it a try in my crock pot. NEVER did another batch of CP again. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HP! virtually impossible to mess it up. and you can use any FO without worry.

once you get the hang of HP, you don't have to zap test it....you'll just know when it's done. and zap testing isn't that horrible, it zings a little, but you don't have to touch it to your tongue for very long to know. barely a touch and you'll know.