Iodine and INS numbers (SoapCalc)

Mitch23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@scented: for such a 'simple' bar, Castile is a complicated beast. The biggest problem I've had was with adulterated olive oil. That'll kill anyone's love for Castile quickly!
it's hard to trust.

Even for cooking (I have kids w food allergies) I get my olive oil from Columbus Foods which I trust to analyze their oils and not lie about them. In the world of comical food prep, their brand is, I believe, Butcher Boy.

Sooooo much easier, IMO, than candle making!

I have to agree. No containers to wick - I LIKE that a LOT! BUT having a pleasing soap with which to bathe still requires candles for ambiance... so I still have to make candles anyway.

I have been surprised at how many people are interested in handmade soaps... even guys want me to make scentless "hunter's" soaps for them! :shocked2: Fortunately, I have until fall to figure out how to do this... I'm concentrating on fragrant "pick-me-up" stuff right now that'll be welcome here in a month or so when the Hades weather settles in...:undecided

It's already spring here - my japanese magnolias are blooming! ALWAYS a welcome sight after winter... The hummers buzzed me today... :)

Unfortunately, next will come the mosquitoes... :undecided

Speaking of which, can anyone steer me in the direction of a seriously good bunch of ingredients to help repel the Unofficial Louisiana State Birds? I have read about some ingredients but am interested in what ones y'all have found helpful to add to soap to repel insects? :confused:

Thanks, Luminous & TallTayl!!! :) I just took my own oft repeated advice and searched the forums - found a BUNCH of stuff from here and elsewhere to read... thanks to all who contributed to past questions of this nature! It'll give me something to do at work besides work. :laugh2::)

Edited by Stella1952