Does anyone put an expiration date on Body Lotion?

lsbennis

Hmmmm.... I think an expiration date is a good idea. I know from my experience that my bottled lotions last for as long as I have them. I use the WSP GM & Honey base too and so far it can last for at least 2 years from the time I heat it and put in the bottles to sell. Don't know if they are good beyond that as any leftover over bottles I use up myself and hadn't had any left after a couple yrs.

Hi,I don't know if you sell at the markets or craft shows but this what happened to me.A state person shopping at a craft show busted me for illegal labels.I had everything I could think of on my back label even my name and address but your state department has rules and regulations on what must be on your label including batch #,so maybe you should give them a call and not get in trouble like me.I just wanted to share with you that labels are a big deal,here where I live you can not put words on labels like moisturizing,that makes my product a pharmaceutical and that is another problem.I hope I did;nt scare you,just make a call first.Good luck.

expiration date one year, for lotions, for me. Anything with water, even though it is preserved, I don't care, one year max. I'm not getting sued because someone uses an old lotion and gets cellulitis or some other hard to diagnose or cure infection of any kind.

In our business it is CYOA(B) Cover Your Own A$$ (Bum)

better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to consumer health.

I saw someone at work had a lipbalm (left on the desk) from 1997!!!!!!!!! Holy MOLY, I can just imagine the nasties they are putting on thier lips!!!

Edited by tlc26