Need a facial moisturizer that doesn't sting

blt212

I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and haven't been able to find a facial moisturizer that doesn't sting because all of the additional ingredients. I've bought over the counter sensitive skin types and even bought one online that was supposed to be really good but it still stung. Can I purchase a product like straight shea butter or glycerin through one of the B&B suppliers or does someone on the board sell something that would be really moisturizing and not hurt :( I don't know anything about making B&B products since my specialty is candles but I'm hoping someone has some insight.

Thx

I would suggest Jojoba oil straight

You can wet your face with water and add a drop of jojoba oil and message it in,,that is all there is to it

I make my husband a simple jojoba lotion. I am sure it is not stingy and he uses it after shaving every morning

His lotion is jojoba oil, water, vegetable emulsifier and vegetable stearic.

He has been using it for years now and I also use it on my legs in the summer after shaving...no stinging

Jojoba Oil

Jojoba oil is really a wax ester extracted from the ground or crushed seeds of the jojoba plant. The structure of the oil resembles the skin's natural oil, sebum. It is used both as an herbal supplement and in a variety of skin and body care products. It is used for rosacea because of its emollient properties, its non-irritating effects and because it reduces trans-epidermal water loss, thereby helping to keep your skin moist.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/89763-essential-oils-rosacea/

Edited by katshe

IKWYM about stingy lotions. Fractionated Shea or Olive Squalane are my favorites. I have used shea butter in the solid form, but prefer the lighter fractionated variety if given the choice.

You could always try a bit of straight olive oil until you decide which oil/butter to go with.

Over the counter products are never the way to go for skin care. They are buffered down so much they really aren't effective and many are filled with junk ingredients. Artificial fragrances and colors can irritate sensitive skin as well.

Jojoba oil is one of the best hydrators to apply to the skin because it mimics the oil we produce so closely; however, to help with rosacea, you should use anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant ingredients as well. These will help soothe and strengthen the skin, protect the cells and reduce redness.

If you are looking for a ready made, clinical strength product, search www.imageskincare.com

You will have to call them to find a local supplier as Image only sells to physicians and estheticians. Trust me, their products are top notch. I am a licensed esthetician and have tried many products.

For moisture, I would try the Hydrating Anti-Aging Serum (as long as you are not sensitive to the Vitamin C), The Max Creme (it is a ultra premium product but, oh so worth the money), or the Balancing Anti-Oxidant Serum.

Edited by mrsadler05
Addingmmore info

Fractionated Shea or Olive Squalane are my favorites.

I've had good results from those as well, if "shea olein" is something like fractionated shea. I got this handmade cream online with that and olive squalane that I'll bet would be easy to whip up. (Literally!) It's really a nice, light mousse. I got it just for moisturizer but I noticed the red patches on my nose and cheeks started fading after using it for a couple of weeks. I like this stuff a lot and if you don't want to try making it yourself, here's where I got it: https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/whipsqualane.htm