The Scent Works what's going on?

funkymonkey66

I placed a small order on the 30th and paid by paypal and haven't heard anything. I may have made a mistake on the shipping carrier because the oil was restricted so I wanted to follow up incase I owed any additional shipping. Priority was 8, UPS was 12 something for a pound. I just chose the cheaper one and didn't realize it until after that it can't go air mail.

No one is returning my calls or email? Are the out of business? Anyone else carry something close to London lemon curd?

I hope you find out something soon.I haven't ordered from them but the shipping sounds high for just 1 lb. Was it because the oil was restricted???

Have you tried a online search for the scent???I do that alot. But mainly I stay with my suppliers local and a few out of state.

I'll see what I can find about this scent.

LynnS

I got it all straightened out. I left a message but my dogs must have been making noise in the background so she couldn't make out what I said or who I was.

It was my fault, I screwed up selecting the wrong shipping option and it delayed the order. They said they were going to send an email invoice but I ended up just grabbing 2 lbs to justify the UPS shipping and placed a new order over the phone. Something must have been up with their cart too because it was cheaper to ship 2 lbs rather than one. I'm going to call the orders in for now on.

Glad it worked out, after JBN closing like that I think i'm getting paranoid.

Thanks Lynn for checking that out it never hurts to have a plan B.

Just an update on this order.... I just don't know what is going on here. This is way too much hassle for one oil. I am really hoping that this entire experience is a fluke because I can't see how anyone including myself can do business this way.

I placed the order and made the mistake of selecting priority mail, a week goes by and I don't hear anything then when I check on it the lady said it had to ship UPS ground or parcel post. I don't like parcel post so I opted UPS. Fine, so to justify the UPS shipping I doubled the order and gave my credit card info over the phone. Got the receipt confirming everything plus they asked that I send an email re capping our conversation.... and was told it was going out Monday. The order gets delayed yet a second time because I got an email receipt showing a balance due, which was a mistake because I paid the balance via credit card ??? Had to call for the third time. Then close to two weeks later it ships parcel post anyway and it's not even showing it was scanned into the postal system?

I already had to contact my customer and apologize for the inconvenience and tell her that her order will be delayed so she is not happy and it makes me look very unprofessional.

Just an update on this order.... I just don't know what is going on here. This is way too much hassle for one oil. I am really hoping that this entire experience is a fluke because I can't see how anyone including myself can do business this way.

It is not a fluke. I had two bad experiences with SW a few years ago and never went back. The last time I just needed one peony oil. It took me 3 weeks to get this oil with zero communication on their end. I never posted about it because I did receive the oil in the end and never had to file a claim with paypal. Obviously, they are doing something right because they have a lot of loyal customers. However, I was not treated well and feel that there are many suppliers who value my business- even for a small order.

I am sorry that this happened to you. It really stinks when you have to explain something to a client and aplogize to them when it is not your fault.

Edited by Noodle

Well I sent both email addresses sales/customerservice an email about the situation and it will be interesting what they have to say.

I totally understand that choosing the wrong shipping option was my error which set this in motion but it's no excuse for any of this. It should not be this complicated.

They should have contacted me, how long would they hold on to my money without sending it out until I reached out to them to correct the situation?

What was the point of buying the extra pound @ 23.00 and paying extra shipping if they were going to ship it how they wanted anyway?

This is really making me uneasy. I think this will be my last purchase.

Whenever I have made an error with an order, (and we ALL make them), the company has ALWAYS called or emailed me within a day or two. The situation is corrected. I have customers who screw up with their orders and I get back to them right away. How can you not? How can you just let an order sit and rot?

Okay now I am really upset. I checked my email and did not receive a response. Now not only do I have the USPS parcel post tracking # that was never actually mailed or scanned into the system but I just got a UPS notification from The Scent Works as well.

"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated.

Label Created On:02/09/2011

Additional Information

Shipped/Billed On:02/09/2011Type:PackageWeight:2.50 lbs"

So what good is this? I don't care how many labels are printed, hand it off the the carrier and provide me the products I paid for!

At this rate I will have to contact my customer again, what the heck am I supposed to tell her?

Nothing is worth this kind of BS. NOTHING. I am sick to my stomach, I can't contact my customer again after waiting this long and tell her she's never getting what she ordered. Even when I refund her it's not really making it right. If I waited weeks for something only to find out the vendor couldn't provide it I know I would go somewhere else.

Does anyone have any London Lemon Curd they are willing to sell me? I need 3-4 ounces.

• 4 weeks later...