Candle places to visit on the US east coast

Hello everyone! I would like to know where can I go on the east coast to experience different kinds of candles. I would like to visit manufactures of different products related to candle making and candle making places and stores.

The main intention of the trip would be to try and create some business relations with different people and to have a small trip to experience different things candle related. Oh and I am mainly interested in anywhere I can find any variety of candle molds!

I would appreciate suggestions greatly!!

Dan

Edited by Miadrianel Candles

There is Virginia Candle Company in Forest, VA just south of Charlottesville. Used to be called Old Virginia up until about 3 yrs ago. They are the creators of the Woodwick Candle line and were the first candle company to make woodwicks. I have been to their factory and bought some wookwick candles there. Very nice. http://www.oldvirginiacandle.com/

There are several candle supply shops in Pennsylvania. Backwoods, Early American, and Candles and Supplies. Candles and Supplies at www.candlesandsupplies.com has lots of molds for sale. If you go there I would check out their candle classes and see if you can go when they have one. I learned so much from the classes I took there.

You could try looking over the NCA site and see if they list different candle manufacturers. IGCA also has a site with a list of members but most are candlemakers and some are suppliers.

Good luck. If I think of any more I'll post them for ya.

OOopps - Actually Candle Science is in North Carolina ... near the Raleigh Durham (RDU) airport.

CS does not have a showroom (that I know of). When I go to pick up supplies, it is a loading dock in an office/warehouse complex.

Steve

CS does not have a showroom (that I know of). When I go to pick up supplies, it is a loading dock in an office/warehouse complex.

Steve

Definitely not worth a visit unless you just want to order something and pick it up to save on shipping.

Miadrianel Candles - Where are you travelling from? If we knew your route & destination we may be better able to help.

Thanks all for your replies!

Judy, USMC,

My plan was to start on FL (I am from PR) and drive trough all the east coast stopping at each location from south to north. But that is still just a plan...hopefully by July or September we'll be able to do it.

A lot of people make candles here in PR I mean a LOT! But we want to see and try to make some good business relations with suppliers I know that could be done trough the internet as we already deal with a lot of the before mentions but we want to experience candle making first hand from other supplier and vendor trough classes and seminars and all the good stuff you could think off.

It might seem like a long trip but I used to be a long haul trucker in the good U.S. of A! So I am actually looking forward to the road trip to remember the good old times on the road.

Again thanks all for the sugestions!! Keep'em coming!

Dan