How to make cardboard ornies??

Dana

I don't know if I have this ? in the right area...but I bought a bunch of cardboard ornaments from the classies and really don't know how to scent them, lol. Do I just soak them in fragrance oil? Bake them with f/o or do I dilute the f/o with something? Sorry if this sounds stupid :tiptoe:

I am wondering about all those things too. AND to add to the bunch I had another question. How should I get the glitter or whatever to stick? I tried using spray adhesive but worry I am sealing in the f/o so maybe it won't smell?? Plus it's not sticking very well. Any suggestions from those that make these?

Hi! What ive done when i make these is to pour some FO into a dixie cup and then paint it on. Then I just pinch the side of the cup and pour the oil back into the bottle so I dont waste any thats left. It works for me. I havent tried glitter so im not sure how to answer that. How long mine last (and i use quality oils) has honestly depended on the strength of the FO used. Some are stronger than others obviously so for example i used sunwashed linen from Candle Science and it lasted well over 2 weeks. Maybe even close to a mth you could still somewhat smell it. However, vanilla, i only smelled for maybe a week. So it varies. Also tho there were times i didnt smell it and others did. As far as drying, i just let them dry overnight and then packaged them. Im sure u dont have to wait that long, but thats just what i did. Mine turn out great! =)

I add a tiny mister bottle (3ml) of refresher/FO blend for them to refresh them. People like that, and they last longer. Since I buy the handmade ones I feel it honors the time it took to make the handmade paper card stock. here are the little vial misters

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin11e.html

I use 1/4 oz dropper bottles to refresh mine. DPG is what I'm using to dilute the FO, but I use FO straight to scent the cardboard. I have some of the small misters in plastic and use them for purse scents. What refresher oil do you use? I usually use Cyclo for the misters but I like the way Vodka works and that is for me only.

I'm thinking about adding them to my site but just haven't got around to it. All I do now is give to customers as a gift, sometimes.

I use 1/4 oz dropper bottles to refresh mine. DPG is what I'm using to dilute the FO, but I use FO straight to scent the cardboard. I have some of the small misters in plastic and use them for purse scents. What refresher oil do you use? I usually use Cyclo for the misters but I like the way Vodka works and that is for me only.

I'm thinking about adding them to my site but just haven't got around to it. All I do now is give to customers as a gift, sometimes.

I paint on straight FO on to both sides of the paper blank. The stuff I mix with the FO in the mister is from AH/RE and is just called Refresher Oil Base.

When I make purse size body sprays with the mister bottles I use Cyclo, I have never used Vodka. I will have to try that!

I've read this thread a few times and was thinking I'd like to make them for myself only. Now I'm thinking about adding them as a product. For 2 weeks (more or less), the pricing is tricky. Checked prices and I'd have to charge $2 a piece which seems like a lot to me compared to those you can buy at Target in the auto section or Yankee. I Like that little mister but that brings the price up even more. Maybe these are best for craft fair when the buying is more spontaneous and no shipping.

• 2 weeks later...