Anyone still make and sell lava lip gloss?

ah-soy

Thank you both. I have all of those flavors so will make a few of each as well as some others. It was much easier to find teen testers when I was still teaching high school. Just don't want to come out of retirement just for the testers ha!

Thanks, lovestosoap! I figured they would be a big hit with the teen set. I'm playing with my recipe a bit more to see if I can get them to taste better. I used castor oil with flavor, but the castor taste is still in there. Going to some sweetened with stevia.

Thanks, lovestosoap! I figured they would be a big hit with the teen set. I'm playing with my recipe a bit more to see if I can get them to taste better. I used castor oil with flavor, but the castor taste is still in there. Going to some sweetened with stevia.

Try using a lighter oil in there like sweet almond. Mine are a mix of jojoba, SAO, castor and vitamin e.

It looks like a lava lamp. You color glycerin and fill a roll on bottle about 1/3 full. Then you flavor and sweeten a viscous oil (like castor) or a mix of others...just so it's thick. Fill the rest of the bottle with the oil. They should stay separated.

When you tip the bottle up and down the glycerin flows through the oil like the "lava" in the lamps.

• 10 months later...

I did see the recipe on Natures Garden website and they have the roller ball bottles..however read their comments **Clearance! Once these bottle sets are gone, we will no longer be restocking them. Sold in units of 10. 6 ml roller ball bottle with black lid. Includes clear bottle, roller ball, and black cap. Great for roll-on lip gloss. Attention: Some essential oils & fragrance oils may cause the plastic of these bottles to crack. When making roll-on perfumes, you will need to dilute the fragrance oil or essential oil in a carrier oil. Using too much fragrance oil or essential oil in these bottles will affect the integrity of the bottle. Testing on your behalf is required. Flavoring oils do not appear to affect the integrity of the bottle. Sales are final. **