how much fragrance to buy?

How much money do you have LOL? Just kidding. I like to buy whatever I think I will use within about a year. Usually, I buy 5 pounds at a time of proven sellers. A pound at a time until I feel secure that its a good seller and I won't be stuck with a bunch of it. But it all depends on how much you sell.

How much money do you have LOL? Just kidding. I like to buy whatever I think I will use within about a year. Usually, I buy 5 pounds at a time of proven sellers. A pound at a time until I feel secure that its a good seller and I won't be stuck with a bunch of it. But it all depends on how much you sell.

Ditto

For testing I buy a couple of ounces at a time then a full lb once I decide I am definitely going to carry it. My bigger sellers I buy a couple lbs and watch for it to go on sale then will spring for more. Seasonal only scents..never more than 2 lbs in stock at anytime.

Since you're just starting out I would not recommend buying FOs in 5lb bottles. You don't know what oils are going to be your best sellers or even good sellers. My advice is to start smaller until you know what is selling for you. Try 1 lb bottles or even 8oz bottles. You can always buy more but if you have some that aren't moving it could waste your money and take up precious storage space. FOs have a way of growing on your shelves.

I think they partay at night then multiply profusely!!:laugh2:

One pound bottles make a lot of candles, have a good price/oz ratio, and are good for resale if you don't like them. They add up though, so if you just want to sample, buy small quantities.

Then, when you have $5,000 invested in FO's, get a chalk board and write on it 500 times..

"I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more, I need more,..."

Sorry, I digress, you want to know how much to buy for an official line. I think the advice to not exceed a year's worth for your volume would be good to heed. If you sell 100 pounds of candles / year, then one gallon would be appropriate to buy (128 oz of water weight to a gallon, not sure how much FO weight = a gallon, maybe this is a bad formula). So if you sell 100 oz of wax a year, maybe 5 pounds is fine (85 oz of FO) and if you run out early in the year, buy more.

Edited by EricofAZ