White Dye?

Looking for a white dye. I learned that pigments are not good (clog wicks) so I bought some EVO White from CS or one of the regular biggies we all go to.

It clogged the wick and before it clogged, the burn pool showed flakes of white moving around.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Candlewic sells white dye blocks.

I have used it a few times for candy cane candles around Christmas and they work great...turn the wax a very nice white and have never clogged my wicks :)

hth

Edited by dnj

I have to use white dye too. I don't know why, but the wax I use comes in bright white pellets(great for measuring), but no matter how quickly or slowly I melt it, when I let it set up, it's always ivory! It doesn't effect other colors when I dye, but to get a white candle, I have to use the white dye. I must be missing something, but I'll keep trying other things. Strange.:tiptoe:

I use the EVO white dye. It has titanium oxide in it and it WILL contribute to clogging - can't be helped.

What kind of wax & FO are you using? Some FOs will cause the wax to be off-white no matter how much dye is used...

For soy wax, unless I'm using a FO that really discolors the wax a lot, the slightly off-white natural color is close enough to white for me. Palm wax appears whiter than soy when undyed. I know nothing about paraffin...

Like Candybee, I use UV no matter what, which helps keep the undyed wax looking opaque instread of eventually looking like old Crisco. HTH :D

I may be wrong but its my understanding that titanium dioxide is the oxide used for "white" in coloring. So it may be difficult to find any white dye without it. If you do find one please pass it along as I am curious myself.

My white candles are dyeless but as Stella mentioned the FOs effect the wax. For eg., my buttercream candles are a slight butter color while my linen candles are an ivory white. Two totally different colors without using any dyes.

• 1 year later...
I may be wrong but its my understanding that titanium dioxide is the oxide used for "white" in coloring. So it may be difficult to find any white dye without it. If you do find one please pass it along as I am curious myself.

My white candles are dyeless but as Stella mentioned the FOs effect the wax. For eg., my buttercream candles are a slight butter color while my linen candles are an ivory white. Two totally different colors without using any dyes.

According to Candlewic.com their "White Color Button" is the best way to make white candles without clogging the wick because they don't contain titanium dioxide. I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out more about these White Color Buttons.