plug in warmers

LynnS

A group of us went together last January to buy the plug in warmers at wholesale. I need to replace the bulb.Cant find one anywhere.

Husband and I went to a local hardware store. Took the bulb in. Ordered 5.Then when we went back to get them wrong size.They saw the bulb and then we get the wrong thing. Seems it was a 15 watt but the base is much smaller than what we ordered Or should I say what they ordered for us.I have no idea how that could happen.They saw the bulb and still wrong thing.

Anyone know of stores that sell them.We tried Wal Mart and some grocery stores. No luck. I had no idea it would be hard to find bulbs for plug ins or is it just these. I have about 20 of these warmers but need to let people know where to get a bulb if it burns out. Glad I didnt put them on the market yet.

I really like them except for this. Cute,decorative,last a long time and put off a good scent with a tart. Plugs into a electric outlet. Out of the way and not on tables etc.

Any Help???

Thank You,

LynnS

Where did you get the warmers from? Did you check their website, or, check the manual or paperwork that came in the box if any came with them.

Is the bulb a halogen or incandescent? You might try Lowes, Menard's or Home Depot. They carry a much broader range of bulbs that Walmart, Kmart etc.

LynnS,

you need to try this: Take the bulb out of your plug in warmer and attempt to screw it into a regular nightlight that's not plugged in. Does it fit? Yes? It's a candelabra base. You now know the base. Now, measure the bulb length's.

Go to

http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/15-watt-clear-straight-tip-candelabra-base-decorative-chandelier-light-bulbs/

and look at the bulbs. My guess is, that the bulb that you have looks kinda like it, but not all the way. Well, the bulbs on 1000 bulbs should work, anyhow.

HTH

Alpha1477

Edited by Alpha1477

We always order extras from the supplier (they usually have them) or for a worst case, Home Depot or Lowe's is it =) I know the bulb your talking about and if I recall they are around $5 - $6 at the hardware store.... from our supplier they are $2.00 for a 3 pack =)

HTH

I will try Mennards.They are about 25 miles from us but will get more than one. After this hassle I want a supply..

Yes Iwantitgreen.We also learned that with the one at Walmart.It fit but low wattage. Its Gotta be 15 watt. That's for sure.

I used to use nightlights but been awhile.I am definetly going to Wal Mart to get a couple and check the bulb and size.

Ecccolights. Our local Hardware Store is the place we were postive had them.They looked at the bulb and they ordered it. When we to picked them up, you could tell it wasnt the right size. Wasted over a week for the WRONG bulb to come in.Taking them back but not sure we want to fool with them again.

Bah67-A person on here was nice enough to take charge and see how many people wanted to go in with her to order a much larger quanity.The more we ordered the cheaper we got them .I really like the these but just this problem.Been a year and I forget who went in and got this organized. Not sure about the supplier but will check some sites on plug in warmers. Probably can find what I have.

Thank You ALL.Everyone has helped by giving me directions on where to go and size etc. Lots of options/ideas here.

LynnS