anybody come across these tart burners?

Wessex

These are made by the same company that supplies OBI, but OBI does not have them. I could order them directly from the manufacturer, but I really don't have a need for their minimum order (and the importing time line is almost 2 months).

Thanks,

Steve

post-12326-139458475866_thumb.jpg

post-12326-139458475872_thumb.jpg

post-12326-139458475877_thumb.jpg

post-12326-13945847588_thumb.jpg

The manufacturer is in China, Sunny something. I contacted them a couple of months ago and asked about US distributors and they said OBI was their only US Distributor. They have several styles I hope that OBI will add to their lines.

I thought about contacting OBI, but don't know if it would do any good. There are so many cool ones from this company (they also have a really nice butterfly one), don't know if OBI would be willing to get them in. But I'm gonna ask. Managed to talk the manufacturer down to alot less MOQ (minimum order quantity) than they wanted, but still too much of a pain in the butt. And I don't want to go into the wholesale business, LOL! I really want those warmers, though!

Cheers,

Steve

Yep, I think we all need to get a request in at OBI that they order these, especially since they're way down in stock right now (on the shipping catalog side). Some of those older styles they've been carrying forever and I've already decided I'm not going to keep ordering the same-old-same-old. These new ones look gorgeous!

forgot to add: that rooster is a new one also. The one OBI has now is the same as at JD Wholesale.

Edited by FarmerJill

It is a PIA to import. I've done it in the past and you definately have to do your research on the company and it helps to get a factor. Then you have to deal with letters of credit, port fees, etc. So there are definately lots of added costs.

Cheers,

Steve

I just spoke with Ian from OBI. I recently registered as a wholesale company so he was doing a Welcome call.

Anyway, during our conversation I mentioned that there were several warmers a collegue had seen that had generated a lot of interest on our forum. He was very interested and I'm going to send him the pics. He mentioned they have a shipment that will be in mid-February that may have some of the new designs they are expecting. If not then, the May/June shipment will be all the new products they have ordered.

Ian saw samples of some of them a couple of months ago. He does remember there is one with a bird, one with flowers and one that has a wine bottle. He also said they are getting quite a few of the shorter warmers where the top and bottom coordinate as far as the design, not all one color. He saw those a couple of weeks ago.

Ian seemed very approchable and welcomes any suggestions. Just to let you know...

J

It would be nice if they do get a big selection. There are alot of cool designs out there. I actually thought about making my own. It is easy to make a mold, use ceramic slip to pour the bodies, and fire off in a kiln. (Yes, many years ago I dabbled in ceramics. Just love learning to do new things. Unfortunately sold my kiln.) But then I would have to source the electric components and figure out a way to decorate. So it would probably end up costing me alot more than buying wholesale. Maybe worth it for custom work, but would never be able to sell them for enough to pay for the work. I have a wholesale customer right now that would be willing to sell tarts and clamshells if they could get certain themed melters.

Cheers,

Steve

If we can come up with a list of suggestions, I'll be happy to pass them on to Ian. He seemed genuinely interested in our feedback. 'Course he is a Sales guy and that's his job and he might not really care at all... :cheesy2:

Being an Army brat we moved around alot from base to base and I do remember the hobby shops they always seemed to have. My Mom used to do ceramics, was a big hobby of hers. She is very artistic and could paint things very well. Unfortunately, that trait didn't make it down to me. My Dad always grumbled about the ceramic stuff we had to pack up and haul everywhere.

Have no idea how expensive it would be to do that anymore. On base it wasn't that bad because the hobby shop had the molds and the kiln. We just had to pay for the slip and paints. Don't remember if they charged a fee to fire.

So, question for everybody. What type/style of warmers would you like to see OBI carry?

J