Plans for 2011

rebeccajo99

I don't think this thread has been started yet.

What are your business plans/goals for 2011.

Here are mine (so far). I break them down in sections and strive for completing #1 by the end of the year in each section. The others are what I want to do once #1 is completed.

Soap Goals:

1. Find my perfect oatmeal soap recipe.

2. Start soaping with EO's. I've been doing EO research, now just need to bite the bullet, buy a few and try/test them out.

3. Make my first batch of CP soap so I can eventually start making salt bars and those cool swirls I see on this board.

Candle Goals:

1. Test more scents in tarts.

2. Start testing wicked candles (again for the upteenth time)

Business Goals:

1. Get a wholesale/resale orderfom and booklet put together.

2. Add some new lines.. .some ideas I've been throwing around and testing Bath bombs, lotion bars, jewelry, etched glass.

I really want to get more into wholesaling my candles. I have several retail accounts but want more than those. My retail accounts just aren't cutting it for me. They just don't order enough to make it worth my while. Hoping that this year I can rake up enough money to get into some wholesale cash & carry shows to get some much bigger wholesale accounts.

I should also be looking into sales reps and doing more fundraisers. Really need to step up my efforts in that area this year.

Still doing a lot of craft shows and farmers markets. Right now they are my bread and butter for my candle/soap biz. The past few years I've been weeding out the slow selling shows and replacing them with much better selling shows for my products. You know those shows you walk away with maybe $35 as opposed to ones that you walk away clearing $1,000. So I will keep working on that as its making a huge difference.

This year I'm not so much looking to change anything in my soap and candle lines except seasonal scents. I've got the jars and soap packaging I want for the time being. Just need to work on growth, stability, and building revenue this year.

What a great plan Candybee. I'm still working on finding those $100 shows, found a whole lot of $35 and less shows :) However, this was my first year of actually selling, so I figure some of my $35 and less shows may turn out better as my name gets out there.

Best of luck to you in 2011 and hope you make all of your goals.

First thing take some time for a much needed rest. After the busy season and all the extra hours I have to put in at my regular job during peak season I am usally burnt out on just about everything. Other than that my only plans so far are to get some much needed organizing done and possibly get rid of some extra fo's that I either have too many of, just didn't sell that great or that I just don't want to carry anymore. Well now that I think about it I guess I should try to do some playing around with some things I have just not had the time to do and maybe test out some fo's that I have not had the time to do. Guess I have some candle stuff to do on vacation afterall :rolleyes2. I'm sure as the year progresses I will come up with some plans but for now I'm trying to give myself a break.

First thing take some time for a much needed rest. After the busy season and all the extra hours I have to put in at my regular job during peak season I am usally burnt out on just about everything. Other than that my only plans so far are to get some much needed organizing done and possibly get rid of some extra fo's that I either have too many of, just didn't sell that great or that I just don't want to carry anymore. Well now that I think about it I guess I should try to do some playing around with some things I have just not had the time to do and maybe test out some fo's that I have not had the time to do. Guess I have some candle stuff to do on vacation afterall :rolleyes2. I'm sure as the year progresses I will come up with some plans but for now I'm trying to give myself a break.

Took the words right out of my mouth.:cheesy2: