Newbie first question

Hello Im just getting into making my own candles & have decided to start with a basic mold candle. My question is do I need a certain wax for making candles out of molds? I will be using one of the those plastic molds that they sell on ebay.

Hi April, I'm a newbie too and I have found that IGI pillar blend 4625 makes really nice candles. You don't have to add anything but scent and color. I wish you luck!

Hi I agree, I started with peaks pillar starter kit and this wax 4625 is good,,,

I love Peaks wax,,,, :)

Alot of people have used craft store wax at some point. Some like it, some dont'. Either way, it costs an arm and leg, but will do in a pinch. There are alot of good suppliers, one key is finding one close to you to keep shipping costs on wax down. This board is sponsored by Peaks and has great stuff and the most excellent service. Their FO's are the best quality available, IMO. You might want to browse through the archives of the old board. It has a wealth of valuable info. You can also find the link in the drop down box on the bottom left of this site, Access the Archives ;)

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board :)