With inspiration from Donita

Pam W

Very Fiery!! It is gorgeous. Is it scented?

It is lightly scented w/lemon but doesn't have any cold throw. I bought a bunch of wax slabs from a guy 3-4 yrs ago(pre-scented & pre-colored) & not knowing exactly what type of wax it is, I could never get it wicked properly to burn in pillars so this is a great way to use up that wax. The pillar is made with my reg pillar wax so it can be burned.

here's another one - the green is lemon scented but the pillar is Pomegranate. (oops, forgot to wick it!!)

post-450-139458475086_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pam W

donita: is there a tutorial somewhere for making these? I would love to try my hand at one of these...to me they look like whimsies...a whimsie is usually made by a glass blower at the end of his day...he takes all of his leftovers, remelts them together and does whatever he feels like doing...I collect whimsies so to put one of these candles in the center of my whimsie collection would be too fabu for words....

donita: is there a tutorial somewhere for making these? I would love to try my hand at one of these...to me they look like whimsies...a whimsie is usually made by a glass blower at the end of his day...he takes all of his leftovers, remelts them together and does whatever he feels like doing...I collect whimsies so to put one of these candles in the center of my whimsie collection would be too fabu for words....

You really need to try one. I did one a couple of years ago and it was right down ugly but this time, I discovered that I could use the surface tension of the water to direct/sculpt the wax. I did these without the candle - stuck my mold to the plate with some hot wax then when finished, I hit the inside of the mold with the heatgun to loosen/remove. That way the candles can be burned and replaced with ease.

..and remember, if you screw up....remelt is your friend :cheesy2: