Glass Prices on the Rise....

Saw this in the newsletter from Candles and Supplies.

Thought I would share in case anyone wants to stock up..

Please Note!!

We have been getting a lot of price increases from our vendors for glassware, wicking, and other raw materials (mostly glass vendors). Prices will increase after January 1st when new shipments arrive in our warehouse. Stock up now and save before the 2011 prices have to go into effect!

*shudder*

Thanks C&S for the heads up!!!!santa wink

Edited by islandgirl

i have no doubt they will raise them, its just the validity of why that i question sometimes.

I know exactly what you mean -

Back in the fall their was a post regarding soy and wax prices were going up for the holidays. So I loaded up!! Soy prices stayed the same.. LOL

It all worked out, I used all they soy and did not have to reorder but a little bit at the end of Nov....

But it did scare me into stocking my garage for the holiday season...

Anyway....Fillmore container should have the scoop on rising prices... If they are coming or not.. :cheesy2:

And at least this post might help those who do order from C&S. They can get their glassware before they raise their prices...

Edited by islandgirl

The rise in gas prices will result in a rise in shipping charges and since a good deal of glass comes from China; well do the math. I intnend to use up my stocks of jars that have been sitting around the shop (like the 16 oz salsa jars) and don't plan to order anything until late spring or early summer.

Steve

C&S jars are overpriced to begin with. As a matter of fact they have been raising their prices on everything this past year to the point of rediculousness. Thats why I never buy jars from them and quit buying soap and wax supplies from them too this past year. They have gone too far with their overpricing. Plus they are out of stock half the time when I need something!

I'd definitely check with Fillmore Containers as their jars are always reasonably priced and cheaper than C&S anyway. Plus they are very close to C&S so shipping should be the same. If prices are going up I'm sure they will still be much cheaper at Fillmore.

Yes there defiantly is a correlation between oil prices and the price of wax, but even more so is the price of oil is so high that there is other things they can do with the leftovers (what wax is made from) so companies are buying it up and refining it again to make more gas (which is costly but at the current price is doable) instead of making into wax. Less product, more demand, thus the price goes up. Probably a little more information than you were looking for but that is it in a nut shell.