New Containers?

CandleCrush

I used to have too many styles, now I love my lil 11.5oz tumblers from Peaks. I also have the Roman Urn from Dollar tree, that I double wick. Plus for special orders I love really big 4-6lb (I triple wick) cylinder containers I get from Marshalls.

I use the libby cubes I get from Dollar tree for my Twilight line.

6oz gold Travel tins

I used to have several more, but it became too much to keep up with. :)

Do you double wick the 11.5oz? I'm looking for something new. My frosted colored tumblers with silver lids are running out.

I also like the straight sided jars that have the screw on silver lug lid. Thinking about those. sks has those.

Trudi

No, they are only 3" wide, and my CD12 or 14 (for heavy FO's)work well.

That may be the hardest part, finding a reliable supplier for glassware. The big manuf. have distributors who only carry selected styles and the little guys discontinue your favs just when you find what you like.

I have been using the salsa jars but they are getting harder to find. Recently I have been using Fillmore containers and they have a pretty good selection of glass and lids.

Would love to design my own jars, but that's not cheap!!!

I've been indecisive on what glassware I want to use too. Fillmore has some really good prices and they are fairly close (about an hour a way) to where I am, so I save on shipping costs. But some of the styles I'd like to try, Fillmore doesn't carry so I have to look elsewhere.

Right now I'm using 10oz Apothecary with wood lids, 8oz Mason with rust lids, and 4oz Taper jars with rust lids.

I'm always on the look out for new styles to try.

I've been indecisive on what glassware I want to use too. Fillmore has some really good prices and they are fairly close (about an hour a way) to where I am, so I save on shipping costs. But some of the styles I'd like to try, Fillmore doesn't carry so I have to look elsewhere.

Right now I'm using 10oz Apothecary with wood lids, 8oz Mason with rust lids, and 4oz Taper jars with rust lids.

I'm always on the look out for new styles to try.

They have a "Thumbprint" jar that I bought and made a special label specifically for then said to myself..." enough" so I havent purchased anymore but I still like them and someday maybe I will use them. I search high and low looking for them like compulsive fool. LOL And I found them:)

They have a "Thumbprint" jar that I bought and made a special label specifically for then said to myself..." enough" so I havent purchased anymore but I still like them and someday maybe I will use them. I search high and low looking for them like compulsive fool. LOL And I found them:)

here it is...

post-11142-139458475017_thumb.jpg

Oh those are really nice, Kyme! Did you use a clear label for those? I've been using the brown kraft labels from Label By the Sheet.

dlpabo.jpg

Shown are 7oz straight jars, 12oz straight jars, and 10oz with glass lids.

I like these jars, I was wanting a different look. I wish the straight jars would work with other lids besides the silver or gold metal twist type lids.

Oh those are really nice, Kyme! Did you use a clear label for those? I've been using the brown kraft labels from Label By the Sheet.

dlpabo.jpg

I like these jars, I was wanting a different look. I wish the straight jars would work with other lids besides the silver or gold metal twist type lids.

These are really nice...I have decided to stick with the smaller sizes and shorter jars too. The bigger containers are expensive to ship and just becoming more impracticable these days.

Thanks. I was thinking of going with 4oz, 8oz and a 10oz for my soy candles. I thought 9oz and 12oz straight jars for my wickless candles. I don't want to go bigger than a 12oz. The one stoneware crock that I made uses 18oz of wax. Though they're nice and some people like the stoneware, I think I'd sell more glass jars.

That may be the hardest part, finding a reliable supplier for glassware. The big manuf. have distributors who only carry selected styles and the little guys discontinue your favs just when you find what you like.

You said a mouthful!! It's part of the reason I have stayed away from containers, because what I would pick would be discontinued lol!

dlpabo.jpg

Yes they were the mat clear ones from Online labels. Tou candles look really nice, love the salsa ones; I used to use Kraft labels too. But now I use a seal (looks like a wax seal, but is made from paper clay) for my regular candles.

I love the Salsa Jars but got tired of chasing them around so now I stick with the libby rocks tumblers cause I know I can always get them! But have to admit I do have a thing for the mason jars...lol :rolleyes2

I love the little 8oz Mason jars. And I can use a couple different types of lids with them too. Different lids make different looks and potentially different customers buying them. I use them for smelly jellies with daisy lids and for soy candles with either pewter lids or the rust lids. They are definitely a keeper! :yay:

I use hex jars and jelly jars. I wanted to get the victorian jars but they cost so much more.

I want to try and keep costs down. Fillmore has great prices and even if you have to get it shipped they will help you with the best deal on shipping.

I have some tins to test, but I have yet to start testing them.

Some jars are so expensive, it is a wonder you can make any $$, LOL!