Fragrance Oils that aren't burning -HELP

The 2 scents that I am suddenly having problems with them burning properly are both from Candle Science. One is the Antique Sandalwood and the other is their Cinnamon Stick.

I can't help but think I have gotten some bad wicks and don't know what I should do. Do I order more of the same Eco 8 wicks from Candle Science or would it help to try and order them from another supplier, or could it be that Eco has changed the way they are making the wicks?

I have been making candles for 2 years and have made both of these fragrances all of this time and now all of a sudden they won't burn. So frustrating. I definitely don't want to lose customers over this.

And I have not changed anything.

Well to see if it is the wick, can you pull the one you have and try another? Or is that what you've done? Have you tried going up a wick size also?

Generally if a wick is bad the whole pack isn't.

If you've tried several wicks, I'd let CS know you're having problems.

I don't recall this FO being Phthalate Free in the past, and now it is. I know CS stated somewhere on their site that they intended to have all of their FO's phthalate free by 2011.

I'm convinced this is the culprit for the sudden change in the way candles are burning. I'm just so :mad: about it all...

I have tried wicking up to a Eco 10 and also a 12 and I have cut back 1/2 an oz. on fragrance oil and still not working. I talked to Diann and Candle Science and she says it is the wax, but I am not so sure.

My wax is a combo of IGI 4627 and IGI 6006.

sigh....its always the wax....

I've had this happen quite a few times and it was always with a new batch of fragrance, when in the past that same fragrance from same supplier worked fine. In my case, it wasn't the wax, because I was only having this happen with certain fragrances and the other candles from the same wax were just fine.

I too believe it has something to do with the removal of the Phalate. (sp?) I first started experiencing this a few years ago with some of the WSP fragrances I was using at the time, namely the Crackling Firewood. I finally had to give up on that one entirely. :mad: I tried several different bottles, because it was a #1 seller for one of my wholesale accts. But, it was never the same. Then it started happening with others also, mostly the heavy oils like the fire type, cinnamon, sandalwood, etc.

Very frustrating!!! Of course, the supplier never had anyone else experiencing these problems :confused: of course it must have just me.

I so agree with you. I tried to see when I talked to Diane if she thought it could be a variance in the fragrance oil from one bottle to another and she said it couldn't be that, but I am becoming increasingly convinced that that is the problem. I have been test burning random other of my candles in all other scents that have been made with the same batch of wax, wicks, same amount of fragrance oil, etc. and they are all burning fine.

I feel something has changed with those two fragrances. The only other time I have had this happen is with Cajun Candles Patchouli, but I have basically given up on finding a good patchouli. I have yet to find one that burns well or has good scent throw. It may have one, but not the other.

Does anyone know of a good true Sandalwood or Patchouli that will burn and have good scent throw?

Does anyone know of a good true Sandalwood or Patchouli that will burn and have good scent throw?
If you search the Fragrance Forum, there are lots of recommendations there. HTH :)

PS Patchouli & Sandlewood are two fragrances I have found usually need a longer cure to develop the scent in the wax.

Edited by Stella1952