Valentine's Day Already??/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Y'all glad I could be of help.

Hobby Lobby & Michales have small heart cookie cutters they may have the candy molds now or you may have to wate till sometime in Jan.

If I have time I'll look-up other items and suppliers that have things to make the candles I posted.

I will also be posting more pics of ideas.

Thanks Y'all glad I could be of help.

Hobby Lobby & Michales have small heart cookie cutters they may have the candy molds now or you may have to wate till sometime in Jan.

If I have time I'll look-up other items and suppliers that have things to make the candles I posted.

I will also be posting more pics of ideas.

Thank you very much,,,we dont have a Michaels or a hobby lobby,,,I can do online though,,,,;)

Hey Shannon,,,I will look and see where I saw those little critters. I need one too,,,,LOL:shocked2: Here is one from pourette,,if you want a bigger one they will make it for you

http://www.pourette.com/product.asp?Product_Id=23730&d_id=6911&l1=6911&l2=#

Thanks- I might go with that if I can't find a taller one or like you said have them make one. :)

I have to have a tall heart pillar mold like the candles in the first pic Candle Man posted. I've done a quick google search with no luck. Anyone know where to find them? TIA:)

Try spirit crafts. If you want to know more about these, Tanya tried them last year. I think she may have had some wicking issues though.

Additionally you can get the heart bread pan mold (something people have used for soap as well ... try eBay for Valtrompia bread & cake vertical mold.) You will have to seal off one of the ends either with putty or soldering (whatever you call it), and can punch a hole through the lid. These molds are close to 9" high. Width (widest point) might be just shy of 3"

Try spirit crafts. If you want to know more about these, Tanya tried them last year. I think she may have had some wicking issues though.

Additionally you can get the heart bread pan mold (something people have used for soap as well ... try eBay for Valtrompia bread & cake vertical mold.) You will have to seal off one of the ends either with putty or soldering (whatever you call it), and can punch a hole through the lid. These molds are close to 9" high. Width (widest point) might be just shy of 3"

Thank you so much Julie! I know I'd seen them before somewhere:)

Isn't it crazy!?! I was in Hobby Lobby today & about stopped cold when I saw the Valentine displays going up. It just gets crazier every year the way they push ahead Seasons & Holidays. I've had a great Christmas this year, but almost always sell the most for Valentine's Day. I'm seeing a lot of small gift giving between office people, so it's getting to be a much bigger holiday than just sweethearts & school kids swapping cards. My biggest seller has always been the hammered glass votive holders w/a heart from Anchor Hocking, take a look http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=Seasonal+Jars&product%5Fid=HV

They're so pretty & I sell out dozens of these things.

Susan.

Yes those soap molds look like they would work. Only thing is you would have to make a sealed bottom somehow. You could try to make a base like the ones on the metal molds. Use sheet metal and solder it on.

Also http://www.pourette.com will make custom molds but I don't know what the price or lead time would be. They might could / would solder a base on for you if you send them the soap mold. Give them a call and see.

Here is a mold thay have in stock it is a 3 3/4 x 3 x 3. They would make this mold in a taller mold for you just call them.

post-219-139458389032_thumb.jpg

I got this mold from Pourette- I called them last week about getting a custom mold made and ended up getting this one that they already had. It measures 3-1/4 x 3-5/8 x 9-1/2 tall:smiley2: The best part is that it only cost $11.99.

Wow,,thats cool,,,I love Pourette molds and you cant beat the quality or the prices!! Merry Christmas!!!!:D