Pink Sugar name help?

Shewill5

I just tried Pink Sugar from Peak's last week and fell in LOVE! So far, all my company this weekend have also liked it so am adding it to my line but wanted opinions on naming it.

Should I leave it Pink Sugar? What do you think about Angel Candy instead? Any other name ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Shewill5,

I am running into the same problem as you are about naming. I carried Love Spell doing the summer season and named it Love Spell. I was wondering if that was the right thing to do :confused:. I don't want to get into any trouble by using the actual name.

Thanks,

Yoshi

You don't have to change the name of the fragrance. If its a dupe of a trademarked name just add the word 'type' after the name. Using the name helps people identify the fragrance and it can work in your favor as they will recognize something they use and love.

For something as popular and familiar as Love Spell changing the name could confuse customers.

Edited by Candybee

When I made Pink Sugar soap and called it "Pink Sugar " I couldn't sell it around my neck of the woods. Took it off the shelf from the Consignment shop it was in relabeled it and called it Pink Sugar Martini and now it sells out all the time. I agree keeping the popular name helps people identify it...in this case for my area it just didn't work.

Try keeping the popular name and see what happens..if it doesn't seem to move the product then rename it.

I changed Lovespell to Daydream and we mix our Pink Sugar with Vanilla and call it Vanilla Vixen. Both are great sellers with the changed names. Honestly, no one knows what Pink Sugar is in this neck of the woods. Lovespell is a little more well known, but I live in the sticks.

I changed Lovespell to Daydream and we mix our Pink Sugar with Vanilla and call it Vanilla Vixen. Both are great sellers with the changed names. Honestly, no one knows what Pink Sugar is in this neck of the woods. Lovespell is a little more well known, but I live in the sticks.

My main customers have been women in their later 20's and up vs super mall crowd. My sister who is a 3x a week mall chic didn't know what Pink Sugar was and I didn't either. I think Love Spell is more well know though so might switch back. I love the Pink Sugar Martini idea and Vixen! I have one named Cowgirl Sexy that sells well but it's just sex on the beach from CS, hehe.

Has anyone mixed Pink Sugar with Sweet Pea? I did batches back to back and think I will make a recipe for customers to mix cubes :)

Edited by Shewill5
typo

You don't have to change the name of the fragrance. If its a dupe of a trademarked name just add the word 'type' after the name. Using the name helps people identify the fragrance and it can work in your favor as they will recognize something they use and love.

For something as popular and familiar as Love Spell changing the name could confuse customers.

Actually, using the words "type" with a trademarked name is not allowed. Debbie May from Wholesale Supplies Plus was a speaker this summer at our annual soap and candle makers meeting and did an entire presentation on this. What is allowed, however, is coming up with your own fragrance name and then having a tagline that says "similar to" or "compare to Victoria's Secret Love Spell".