Being Hacked?

I was wondering if any of you have been hacked? My homepage on my website was hacked. Just a reminder to make sure password are strong and secure measures in place. My paypal was locked up as I think he was trying to hack that also.

Welcome to the world of the online business.:angry2:

I would like to hear your opinions.

Someone hijacked my hotmail account this august, I've only had it for about 20 years. Not fun trying to get back and figure out what else they did. So it's not only businesses, it's just about anything, wished they'd go find honest work and leave people alone. Good luck.

My Yahoo PPC account was and they changed files, used over 300.00 from my paypal account in advertising, and don't know what all they did. Yahoo caught it, locked my account, changed the files back, and gave money back. Would really love to know who did it and what exactly they did though. This happened around the 6th to about the 11th of Aug when I had broke my wrist and had surgery and not been on my computer during that time. Seemed as if they almost knew I wouldn't be on my computer to catch it??

Thanks for all the feedback! We took my website down because the person was trying to hack back in today! We will have it back up when we fix all the damage they did. They do need to use their knowledge for good. I did notice shortly before this happened that I had a high amount of traffic from Egypt.

If your website has a database in the back end for maintaining products or any other information it is subject to hacking. Hackers love sites that they can use SQL injection on. It is best to have a professional developer review your code to ensure you have no open holes. While no website is bullet proof it is prudent to make sure you;re not a sitting duck, especially when it comes to your customers data if you do ecommerce.

sorry to ask again but how would you know if you are being hacked? What things happen to your website etc? Thanks

For me, it was a pix of death with Stalin and someone else and some other symbol. That was all there was left of my site. I had some traffic counter. If you get one, you get a sense of where people are coming from, especially if you have something that will tell you where the IP addresses are coming from.