Wick pins other than votive or pillar

I love using the auto wick pins. But, they only come in votive and 3 inch round pillars so far that I have found.

Does anyone know of a company who sells wick pins that fit into other pillar mold shapes? I have looked at Bitter Creek and Peaks and can't find anything I am looking for.

Would love to try making square pillars or the corrogated...and other shapes, but can't find the wick pins for them. I layer my candles...have to lay the molds sideways at an angle so it's hard to do the wick manually.

Thanks is advance.

J.

I buy the wick pins in the length I need, not what the base diameter is. Then when I get them, I just snip the base off, put it in the mold sealing the bottom with mold sealer then using a T to make sure it's centered at the top.

Hope that makes sense.. Most of the T's I have are the top half of the "Wick Centering Tool" from Steph and Rob. Some are some that my hub has made..

HTH

It works great for me. :)

thanks for the info. After I posted I felt like an idiot cuz I know that the wick pins are meant to be used from the outside. Mine just don't fit up the hole. my friend had the same problem and had her big strong husband force it in the hole. I am not strong enough so I just drop the pins inside the mold. Guess I will have to find a man now.

J.

Forcing them isn't a good idea. You can scratch them up as well as bend them. Pick up a tiny round file or a small drill bit that just barely fits. Work it in and out very slowly and carefully at a bit of an angle. Some suggest using a larger drill bit, but personally I find that is way to easy to make the hole too big. I want my pins to just barely slide in. I have a set of small jewelers files that are perfect, but I don't remember where I got them.

Hi

I dont know if I am on the right track here, but a while ago I also did a candle in a mold that was flat (a christmas tree). I used welding rods that I got from the hardware store. They are almost the same diameter as a wick pin and you can cut them to size with a pair of pliers. Don't know if this will work for you - I did for me!!

Katinka