6006 ?

So I bought some IGI 6006, a 10 pound slab, for testing.

This stuff was oily out of the bag. Slippery, fell on the floor. Picking it up was like grabbing watermelon seeds.

Lonestar says it is a one pour wax but that's not what I experienced. I had pits in the container so I poked it near the wick and poured a second. Pits opened up again.

I can't think of a single reason why this wax would be of value. It is almost liquid at Arizona room temperature.

Does anyone use it and if so, what do you like about it?

It certainly is not along the lines of the characteristics that Lonestar said.....

This soft, low-shrink container wax was originally produced by Dussek Campbell and then BP under the blend number 5766. It is now produced by IGI under the formula #6006.

• Creamy in appearance, this wax needs no additives other than fragrance and color.
  • Holds average amount of fragrance oil. Fragrance oil retention of 6% is typical.
  • Good scent throw.
  • Good burn characteristics.
  • Low shrinkage means that a re-pour is usually not required.

I just started testing 6006, so far I like it, It has great H and C throw. It definitely has better adhesion to jars, so no wet spots.

I will say you have to pour it hotter than most and cool very slowly.

I had a couple little pits, I just heat gun the tops, the pits were very minimal compared to my old J223 sink holes.

Just my 2 cents!!