What other wax mix with Ecosoy cb advanced

I am having a very hard time with this soy....first I get no scent throw and I know the scents I buy are very good (alot of you buy them from this company) (I'm new here so I don't know if I'm allowed to say where I get them)....2nd thing is I made a few batches of candles and got sink holes in most of them and the even the ones I didnt know had them came when they were burning...Another thing is alot of wax left all around candle (small melt pools) ..I am using soy wicks, they are lx wicks..they are called soy smartwicks, anyone ever use them? I have alot left so I was wondering what type of other wax can I mix with it and how much? I used to only make gel candles so I don't know much about soy and years ago when I made soy candles they all came out great but don;t remember at all what type it was...It was before they had all these others to choose from.

I am so frustrated right now over this because I have shows coming up and orders to fill. When you all talk about mixing all these differant waxes together I have no idea what you are talking about. Trying to learn but its so hard and everyone has a differant mix.

So if anyone could help I'd be forever grateful.

Tia Dana

I use advanced and have experienced the lack of scent throw but the appearance problem I have never had with this wax.I noticed that if I stir a wax too vigorously or pour it too fast i'm more likely to get air bubbles.But that's only happened to me with cb135 wax.It also might have something to do with your pour temperature.What temp are you pouring at?

Thats whats wierd about this ...when I made a whole bunch of pumpkins jars with pp scent and candy corn I poured them at a higher temp and poured them not so slow..and they came out with the usual frost look and still scent throw not so good, but with the xmas trees...I thought if I poured at a lower temp and very slow it would come out better...Nope...I poured at 100 degrees and very slow!? So I don"t know but I feel as though I am gunna have a big problem because I had just delivered all my pumpkins and even though I tested two and they burned fine, what if some of those have the same problems and they burn out and not stay lit for my customers ...what do I tell them?????

I'm losing it here..very stressed about this..I have to switch my wax fast and besides the 6006, I have no idea what kind of wax to get...I was hoping to stay with the pure soy..everyone likes the idea of the burning clean and it being all natural...

I really need some more help...what about wicks? scent and dye and all that for wax? like I said I never used regular wax before. So i don't have a clue. Do I have to get all new wicks, scent, dye etc....?

I do hope everyone who responds to this I really appriciate!

And so sorry for my posts being so long...just trying not to leave anything out.

Thats whats wierd about this ...when I made a whole bunch of pumpkins jars with pp scent and candy corn I poured them at a higher temp and poured them not so slow..and they came out with the usual frost look and still scent throw not so good, but with the xmas trees...I thought if I poured at a lower temp and very slow it would come out better...Nope...I poured at 100 degrees and very slow!? So I don"t know but I feel as though I am gunna have a big problem because I had just delivered all my pumpkins and even though I tested two and they burned fine, what if some of those have the same problems and they burn out and not stay lit for my customers ...what do I tell them?????

I'm losing it here..very stressed about this..I have to switch my wax fast and besides the 6006, I have no idea what kind of wax to get...I was hoping to stay with the pure soy..everyone likes the idea of the burning clean and it being all natural...

I really need some more help...what about wicks? scent and dye and all that for wax? like I said I never used regular wax before. So i don't have a clue. Do I have to get all new wicks, scent, dye etc....?

I do hope everyone who responds to this I really appriciate!

And so sorry for my posts being so long...just trying not to leave anything out.

I think you just need to test out some different wick types and sizes instead of switching wax's.Also how much fragrance oil are you adding to each batch?For soy most ppl use 1oz FO per lb of wax,some even go to 1.5 but not usually more than that.

Advanced is a good wax if you can get it wicked right.I've made candles with an awesome HT using advanced.I'm testing different wicks in this wax too so I can't really tell you which one to choose.I personally pour at 130*, they look and smell great!Good luck!!

Thanks so much Candlemakincutiepie...I usually use 1 - 1.5 oz pp and only 1.5 if it weighs in at a bit more than 1lb of wax melted...What type of wicks do you use? I usually use jars that are 2 - 3 - 3 1/2" in diameter. This might really help me out...I know I have to test more now but if you can give me an idea? Oh and I use liqiud dye..how many drops of dye do you use? Is how much dye you use a big factor in this?

Thanks so much for all your help also with the rest of you!

I have been using hemp wicks,60048, but i'm getting ready to test Heinz Stabillo (CD) wicks.I have never used liquid dyes myself so I can't say much about that.All of the candles I make are 4 in diameter,so I need pretty big sized wicks.If you want to try the CD's I would test the cd8,cd10,and cd12 for a 3 in jar.

but i'm getting ready to test Heinz Stabillo (CD) wicks.... I would test the cd8,cd10,and cd12 for a 3 in jar

How would you know this if you haven't used Stabilo wicks? :confused: Unless one is using a parasoy blend, try a CD 12-16 for a 3" diameter container. If mixing in paraffin, one might need to wick down slightly - depends on the amount.

I am having a very hard time with this soy....first I get no scent throw

CBA is notorious for having a less than desirable scent throw. Searching the forums will reveal years of difficulty with this wax htrowing as well as other soy waxes, although it looks wonderful and is very resistant to frosting. There have been many discussions about NGI waxes not throwing well in a wide range of FOs from various manufacturers... Here's the list of FO manufacturers that work with NGI to offer compatible FOs...

http://www.ngiwax.com/resources/fragranceprogram.html

Changing wicks isn't going to "heal" CBA's fragrance throw issues. Why not use it for unscented candles and get some CBXL for better throw?

IGI 6006 is a paraveggie blend... here's the manufacturer's information for it...

http://igiwax.com/industries-applications/candle-blends/

2nd thing is I made a few batches of candles and got sink holes in most of them and the even the ones I didnt know had them came when they were burning...Another thing is alot of wax left all around candle (small melt pools) ..I am using soy wicks, they are lx wicks..they are called soy smartwicks, anyone ever use them?

More information can be found by searching the forums. Good luck. :)

I am so frustrated right now over this because I have shows coming up and orders to fill.

Sorry, but given the level of difficulty you are having and the amount of time it takes to test candles to arrive at a reliable, marketable product, you should not even consider selling any soy candles until you can take the time to test them! It takes a lot of testing and hard work to make soy candles!

takes science and patience to some extent, I know I tried the advance and I know I had issues with it but cant remember what, just remember I didnt like it. Stick with one jar and one scent with one wick and test all the way down, taking notes along the way. then judge from there if you need to go up or down with your wick or up or down with the scent%. Its not easy with any wax you have to get the wax and the wick and the scent to all match the jar size also, that is where the patience and testing comes in at. Good luck and have fun