Measuring FOs

I use some cups I got at walmart in the food storage aisle. They are similiar to tupperware I guess (they are clear and have a reddish lid). They are dishwasher safe so I can just wash them and reuse which saves money as opposed to using a one time use and toss thing. Put it on the scale, tare it out and pour my FO in. HTH

I have some tall, thin 2 oz shot glasses that I bought at the dollar store (4 to a pack). After weighting a bunch of different FO's and EO's, I was able to add a paper label to the glass with fill lines every 5 ml. Its not perfect because not all EO's and FO's weigh the same but its pretty close for gov't work.

I'm only making half and one pound candles at a time right now and still happily in the testing mode (as are my friends that get to do the testing now). I suppose that when it comes time to make in quantity, I'll go back to weighing.

Edited by EricofAZ

I bought these small silver cups in the kitchen gadget isle at walmart, they would be used for side sauces etc. I think they were less than a buck for 5 or 6. They never melt and I can just wash them out and reuse over and over. They hold probably somewhere about 1 1/2 to 2 oz.

I use these same cups and they work great!! They are durable and easy to clean!

I add my FO right to my pour pot too but do it at the end once all my additives are mixed in and the color is where i want it. I just put the pot on the scale, tare it and pour. The little flip top caps that most of my suppliers send keep the FO flow slower to help avoid issues with too much going in. That way if I have a color oops I am not wasting FO too or I might be able to salvage the colored wax with a different FO. It also saves on clean up time for me since everything goes into one pot that I am going to have to wipe out between batches anyway.

I add my FO right to my pour pot too but do it at the end once all my additives are mixed in and the color is where i want it. I just put the pot on the scale, tare it and pour. The little flip top caps that most of my suppliers send keep the FO flow slower to help avoid issues with too much going in. That way if I have a color oops I am not wasting FO too or I might be able to salvage the colored wax with a different FO. It also saves on clean up time for me since everything goes into one pot that I am going to have to wipe out between batches anyway.

That is exactly what I do too, including wiping out between pours.

That is what I do also. The electronic scale works perfect!