Review of CS Peanut Butter Cookies & Gingerbread

Candybee

Just poured these today. I use GG palm and poured each at 1 oz pp. All of them filled my house with fragrance so now my house smells like a bakery.

Peanut Butter Cookies - I was going to go with sugar cookie for fall until I poured this one today. Its going to be in my fall/holiday line as my cookie scent instead. Its a yummy, creamy, buttery, cookie scent with peanut butter thrown in. The peanut butter is toned down by the cookie scent but it works.

Gingerbread - This smells exactly like gingerbread cake with icing. The ginger is the top spice note and I smell cake. I'd say its more cake than cookie type gingerbread. Very nice. This one is also in my fall line up.

Vanilla Hazelnut - Love this! I hope this vanilla type sells so I can stick with it. I'm not a big vanilla fan but this one is a nice mix of vanilla and hazelnut and I think its perfect for fall.

Pomegranite & Sage - So glad I got this one. I can smell the pomegranite but the sage mellows it out. It has an ever so slight perfumy/floral note that I can't describe but its very nicely blended with the sweetness of the pom and the savory of the sage. I think any pomegranite lover will love it. It would be nice scent in BB and soap.

Ones I haven't poured yet but have an OOB review:

Grapefruit & Mangosteen - Haven't poured this one yet. OOB its a juicy clean grapefruit scent thats sweetened just right with the mangosteen. I don't know what mangosteen is supposed to smell like but this is nice. I think I will use it in soap or lotions.

Twigs & Berries - This one has a strong berry influence and I smell a slight tartness. Its very different from the one I tried from BW. BW is more woodsy and this one is heavier on the berry.

Driftwood - I got this one to try in my M&P to replace an oil that was discontinued. It doesn't smell like your typical sandalwood vanilla. It smells a little angelic like powder? baby type scent? Not sure. Have to try this one to see how it smells in my soap. I like what I am smelling but can't quite describe it.

Day at the Spa - Well this smells like a refreshing citrus blend to me. OOB it doesn't smell like something I am looking for but if you like citrusy type blends you may love this. I'm smelling lemon, lime, and lemon leaves and flowers. Sort of like lemon blossoms-- thats how I would describe it OOB.

Thanks for the reviews. Wish you would have posted a few hours earlier, I just put in an order at CS this afternoon, LOL. Got the Gingerbread, but was waiting on the Peanut Butter cookie. Now I wish I would have ordered it, too. Of course already have loads of the Vanilla Hazelnut, love it!

Thanks again for the reviews.

Cheers,

Steve

BTW, thinking of adding some vanilla to the Cin Buns (can't remember is they are CS or NG). FO is too much Cinnamon and not enough Buns for me, LOL. What are your thoughts on that?

Edited by Wessex

The Gingerbread smells sooooooo yummy! I made some votives using Feather palm and was very happy with that one.

Got a tart burning with the Peanut Butter Cookie right now and that one is another winner for me. super yummy yummy

vanilla hazelnut is pretty much my most popular scent right now...oh how I love the scent. throws great in 6006 and palm :)

I also just got twigs and Berries but have not done anything with it yet. Although it's not my type of scent I can tell that this one will be quite popular with a few people here that like the woodsy berry type smell.

CS never ever fails to impress me....almost everything I try I love with this supplier

I just started burning the gingerbread in glass glow palm, and I feel kind of disappointed because I can barely smell it. I know I don't have candle nose because I have sugar plum berries from peak going on the second floor and every time I walk up there I'm bombarded with fragrance. I always have really good luck with Candlescience too. I wonder if my sample was a dud?:confused:

I used CS feather palm and mine smells yummy.....not super strong though but yummy.

Maybe it needs to cure a bit?

I just poured the Peanut Butter cookie in 6006 and am going to let that cure a day or 2 if I can manage to wait that long lol

I used CS feather palm and mine smells yummy.....not super strong though but yummy.

Maybe it needs to cure a bit?

I just poured the Peanut Butter cookie in 6006 and am going to let that cure a day or 2 if I can manage to wait that long lol

Oh it smelled wonderful when it was cold! I could just barely smell it while burning. It's been curing for four days, I'll let it sit for 3-4 more days and try it again, hopefully I'll get lucky.

I just started burning the gingerbread in glass glow palm, and I feel kind of disappointed because I can barely smell it. I know I don't have candle nose because I have sugar plum berries from peak going on the second floor and every time I walk up there I'm bombarded with fragrance. I always have really good luck with Candlescience too. I wonder if my sample was a dud?:confused:

You have another candle burning in the house filling your whole upstairs and you don't know why you can't smell the gingerbread?!! Girl you gotta put out the upstairs candle, let the air clear a bit, give your nose a rest, and then try test burning the gingerbread.

Just received my order from CS (1 day shipping!), and I have candlenose so bad I can barely smell the Gingerbread OOB, LOL! Some of the FO's I can't smell at all! Boy am I stuffed up :shocked2:. Need to give testing and pouring a break for about a week!

Cheers,

Steve

Well I got impatient and burned 2 of my peanut butter cookie testers.

a votive...I used 6006 mixed with some ecosoya pb and also a 4 oz JJ.

All I can say on that one is YUMMMMMM it's not super strong yet but after a couple days this one will be a winner for me.

Next I will make some votives with FP wax and see how that goes.

All I can say is if you like bakery scents then you will LOVE the PB cookie scent......

I also agree with candybee on blowing out the candle upstairs and letting the place clear out some and then test burn.

I smell the gingerbread just fine....not strong but really nice. For me it wasnt the blow you outta the room kind of scent but it's a keeper for me.

Made a batch of M&P soap with the Driftwood. While I was stirring in the oil and sniffing it just wasn't strong enough for me so I ended up putting in some straight sandalwood. So now its got 50/50 Driftwood and Sandalwood mixed. It smells okay now but the test will be this weekend at the Farmers Market. Will see how its received.

Thank you so much for your reviews on CS scents. And can we say "Add to Cart"!!! Good Grief...when their .99 sale comes up, my little finger just does an automatic click. It's like a twitch I can't control. LOL! I'm so looking forward to getting these fragrances.

You haven't heard yet? Their sale is going on now plus they have added 5 new FOs. You need to sign up for their newsletter so you get their sale emails!